Need Some Help Please

Started by Terry37, 16 August 2019, 03:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D

Well....You seem to have confirmed what Matey at 'the owl trust/sanctuary ' said, Nobby. :)

At Techno Towers......We've just taken on 6 former 'free range' battery hens....(this was yesterday)......I really can't quite decide whether hens are even more stupid than sheep. =)
It's a close run thing.

Certainly most sheep and hens would be beaten in an intelligence test by a half-brick.

Dearie, dearie me. X_X

Cheers - Phil

mollinary

Quote from: Leon on 19 August 2019, 04:14:40 PM
It's not worth it, all you get is a little pin badge and an 'intellectual' magazine sent to you every quarter...

Do I detect the Dark Lord has been inducted as a member of our intellectual elite?  Perhaps the world is not doomed, and he will find a way for us pass unscathed through these troubled  times! Praised be the Dark Lord!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

fsn

Quote from: mollinary on 19 August 2019, 08:30:20 PM
Do I detect the Dark Lord has been inducted as a member of our intellectual elite?  Perhaps the world is not doomed, and he will find a way for us pass unscathed through these troubled  times! Praised be the Dark Lord!
Amen, Brother. Amen.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

On the other hand, it might be Milady's pin badge.

Like the advert, Bill !!   :-bd  :)

(Every so often I try and find the advert for (I think it was) Bud Lite from the Superbowl, a good few years back.
I found that one hilarious.....But then, I often have a very childish sense of humour.) :-[)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 20 August 2019, 09:19:47 AM
..But then, I often have a very childish sense of humour.

That's the dementia Phil  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

It hadn't occurred to me to place figure requests here.

Can the good readers recommend a model for an airborne flock of birds. 10 or 15mm.

Type not important, anything between crows and vultures would do.
There are unconfirmed suggestions that the originals may have been swallows, but they're a bit small.

Looking to model this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ababil_(mythology)

Raider4

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 20 August 2019, 10:17:39 AM
There are unconfirmed suggestions that the originals may have been swallows, but they're a bit small.

Well, surely that depends on whether they were African or European swallows . . .

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leon on 19 August 2019, 04:14:40 PM
It's not worth it, all you get is a little pin badge and an 'intellectual' magazine sent to you every quarter...

The one in Cape Town organises wine tastings and trivia nights too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 19 August 2019, 08:30:20 PM

Many years ago, I doubt they'd have me now! 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

Quote from: Leon on 20 August 2019, 03:03:34 PM
Many years ago, I doubt they'd have me now! 

'I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member' (Groucho Marx, and possibly Oscar Wilde before him)

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Raider4 on 20 August 2019, 11:08:25 AM
Well, surely that depends on whether they were African or European swallows . . .

:-)

Given the location I'd presume African, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

Techno

I have to admit, I thought they were the same.

What's the difference, chaps ?

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

Don't they just go to Africa for their holidays?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

I thought they just 'bounced' back and forth from Africa to Europe each year ?

'Ours', in the pole barn, will be leaving in the not too distant future...that's always sad to see them getting ready to go back to warmer climes......Then wonderful to see them back the next year.

Cheers - Phil