Best email from the Corporate Service Deputy Govenor, Nigeria

Started by Dave Fielder, 16 August 2019, 11:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fielder

I wonder if anyone has received such a nice email, here is the transcript I found in my Junk Box. I may make him a special friend:

"Dear friend,

After a serious thought i decided to contact you because i know you were not told the truth from the beginning of this claim, that is why you have not been able to receive your over due payment. I am Edward Lametek Adamu, Deputy Governor, Corporate Services at Central Bank of Nigeria.

I over heard the new Finance Minister along with some of your partners discussing to divert your overdue funds to a Swiss bank account. I considered it very necessary to let you know about it, so you can work with me and have this your funds processed and transferred in to your bank account. Get back to me for directives on how we will immediately stop this evil plan of the Finance Minister.

The Governor must not know i am working with you. The only document holding the release of your funds is the TC1 FORM, and the 9 pages classified transfer document that must be endorsed by you only, and return back to me so i can process the transfer through the Central Bank Nigeria.

I am very convinced that you were not told this before, I want to let you know that once the TC1 FORM is procured and 9 pages transfer document endorsed, then consider your funds already released to any bank account of your choice, or any payment option you deemed fit to receive your funds.

Once you indicate your interest to work with me, i will give you step by step directives on how we will go about the process of transferring this funds to your nominated bank account,without any more delay,or better still through ATM Card payment system under 72 hours upon the receipt of the above requested information.
I await your early reply.

Sincerely yours,

Edward Lametek Adamu
Deputy Governor, Corporate Services."
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Steve J

I'll contact my in-laws (he's from the North by his name) to make sure your monies are transferred to your nominated bank account ASAP. I will of course require a small handling fee for this... ;) :D

Ithoriel

Some of my favourite contactees have been

The mother of the only Nigerian astronaut, trapped on the Mir space station by the heartless Russians pending the payment of monies the Nigerian authorities refused to release. Hadn't the heart to tell her the Mir space station had returned to Earth ... in a fiery and spectacular  act of destruction some months before!

The CIA station chief in Somalia, unable to trace his family and desperate for funds to conduct a search but frustrated by US "no negotiation with terrorists" policies. I received no reply to my email suggesting that, since the CIA listed him as station chief in Ghana that perhaps his problem was that he was looking for them in the wrong country.

The very Christian lady who thought that I, an agnostic on a good day and an atheist on a bad one, was the only person in the UK she could trust to found an evangelical church ministering to the heathen British. Alas, I did not, as she surmised, feel called by god to send her my bank details.

To mention but a few. So many "good deeds" undone.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Whatever handling fee they're charging.....I'll give you a 50% discount.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Payments to Techno....Behind the pipes.....Third washroom.....Blah, blah......You know the rest. ;)

Gimme frigging strength - Phil X_X

Dave Fielder

Techno

Have to say that Gmail are either very good at filtering out garbage......or none of these Oiks had discovered/guessed my addy....which seems unlikely.

Von gets quite lot to her hotmail addy, ...she just deletes those without opening them.

That's a thought....I haven't open MY hotmail a/c for months......I've probably got oodles, there.  :D

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Just to remind people, if they use your email for an "I'm stuck in..." type email, log on to your local constabulary web site - there will be a link to report it to I think City Of Westminster police, who are the coordinating force for that type of crime in the UK. Remember that this is CRIME.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dave Fielder

On a more serious note, whilst the Nigerian Prince emails are very obvious and nearly all end up in Junk email I did received some emails stating: "Your email has been compromised" and also included a copy of an older password, demanding immediate payment or my system would be shut down etc. It was worrying at first but I realised it was an old email from a database that had been hacked a few years back. So the main lessons are:

1. DON'T PANIC.
2. DON'T PAY any monies.
3. DON'T RESPOND to any emails like this.
4. DO UPDATE PASSWORDS if in doubt.
5. DO REPORT to Action Fraud (if UK based) if you want to do something, link below:
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/scam-emails

Stay Safe

Another point :-

emails cant spread viruses, but if in doubt DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS in them ! That's how it's done.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021