Two Dragon and Peter Pig Takeda Samurai commission

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 15 August 2019, 02:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Great start on an excellent period!!!! Love any army that allows for lots of color!!!! Look forward to seeing new additions!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Will.....How on Earth do you get so many figures painted ?

Have you got the youngsters helping you ?

Stroll on, Matey. :o :o :o

Keep it up, youth. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

These were done about a month ago, just been waiting on transfers.
Just broken the 1700 figure mark for the year.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

steve_holmes_11

Those really do look good.

Do you have any hints on painting Japanese uniforms and armour.
I have a bunch of Peter Pigs that I ordered on impulse, and cannot figure out how to paint them.

sunjester

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 15 August 2019, 08:42:07 PM
Do you have any hints on painting Japanese uniforms and armour.
I have a bunch of Peter Pigs that I ordered on impulse, and cannot figure out how to paint them.
Research, pick your house.
Once you've got a house, (most people go for something with an easy Mon or house logo), there are lots of sites with illustrations. This is one of the best.
http://www.samurai-archives.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

Decide whether you are a regular or irregular force. It makes a huge difference.
Breast plates black (rear plate optional)
Other armour black/Brown with Black wash, then highlighted.
Socks/stockings white. Most samurai wear sandals, so feet are done.
Lacing, unless you are planning patterns, dry brush in your chosen colour. Ink wash after.
Bows, banner poles, Ashugari hats, spear shafts all green ochre, with brown black bamboo joints.
Weapon blades steel, hilts bronze, handles black.
Hair black.
Enjoy

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: mad lemmey on 15 August 2019, 11:31:10 PM
Once you've got a house, (most people go for something with an easy Mon or house logo), there are lots of sites with illustrations. This is one of the best.
http://www.samurai-archives.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

Decide whether you are a regular or irregular force. It makes a huge difference.
Lacing, unless you are planning patterns, dry brush in your chosen colour. Ink wash after.
Bows, banner poles, Ashugari hats, spear shafts all green ochre, with brown black bamboo joints.
Hair black.
Enjoy

Many thanks..

Duke Speedy of Leighton

All wargamers should paint a samurai once.
This is my second

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 16 August 2019, 04:21:59 PM
All wargamers should paint a samurai once.

Or sculpt a load.....So you can bog off !  ;)

(I don't think they're available anymore.....Tho' Clibby's seen them.......That's almost the story of how I started doing 'sodjers' for whatshisname......Damn...Thingy.....Runs a firm in Middlesbrough...
Oh you know...tip of my tongue....No...It's gone.  ;))

Cheers - A Twerp.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finally, I have completed the transfers on the second batch! Took my noble firend a bit longer to make them, as he kept forgetting them!
https://madlemmey.blogspot.com/2019/08/15mm-takeda-samurai-for-pete.html

petercooman

Techno

FierceKitty

Quote from: mad lemmey on 15 August 2019, 11:31:10 PM

Hair black.
Enjoy

Ashigaru hats usually black laquered steel. Much samurai armour deep red, rust brown, or pale gold (black usual, it's true); red not unknown for the ashigaru as well.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The colour scheme was the owners request Alexander, I did question it at every stage.
Sorry.