Colours, Newbury - Sat 7th September

Started by Leon, 14 August 2019, 12:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Next on our show calendar is actually a clash, with both the Colours and Border Reiver shows taking place on the same day!  We'll be taking the main stand down to Colours, while Dave heads up to Gateshead with a small stand and some spare stock.  We'll need your pre-orders for Colours sending through by midnight on Friday 30th please and you can find more info about the event on their website: https://nrwc.org.uk/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

But if everyone else is at Colours how will Dave be able to find time to network :-SS :-/
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dave Fielder

Networks enable concurrent activity in multiple locations and domains ... oh wait, that's the day job not wargames!  :o
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leman

I'll be there again this year with the Liverpool crew.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: paulr on 14 August 2019, 10:14:31 AM
But if everyone else is at Colours how will Dave be able to find time to network :-SS :-/

I'll be at the Gateshead show.

Best show in the North of England.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Orcs

Quote from: paulr on 14 August 2019, 10:14:31 AM

He  will have the packets of figures stapled inside his coat like a dodgy watch salesman (see below), the money he saves from not needing a stand MIGHT, just cover the cost of his Pie and chips and numerous frothy coffees.

ps He probably will not look as suave and sophisticated as this gentleman  ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 14 August 2019, 11:18:19 PM
ps He probably will not look as suave and sophisticated as this gentleman  ;D

You've not seen him in his Colin Baker Doctor Who coat!

Steve J

The list of demo and participation games is now up on the Colours site, as a download file:

https://www.nrwc.org.uk/colours-2019

Leman

And the Liverpool club isn't on it, which is somewhat perplexing.

Steve J

It's not the first time they've missed stuff off or got it wrong :(.

mollinary

Quote from: Steve J on 28 August 2019, 06:37:36 PM
It's not the first time they've missed stuff off or got it wrong :(.

Indeed, but it is still a great show in a superb venue!  This year I will be helping Simon Miller with his vast 28mm Battle of Mancetter Romans against Iceni game. Maybe next year we will go back to a 10mm ECW game, or could it be SYW? Time alone will tell!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

Well, bully for you, but we have gone to the trouble of building a castle for this game so a bit pants if we don't get to use it!

Leman