Aztec frogmen

Started by Dunnadd, 12 August 2019, 12:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunnadd

Aztec frogmen, simple as, including  Eagle warrior etc elite units. And some that look slightly bigger and tougher (bred specifically as warriors). Plus some riding lizard mounts. And some with no armour and only armed with blowpipes.

Techno

Nice idea  :)......But I'm not sure if it would be commercially viable from Leon's point of view. :(

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fred.

Could be interesting, would work with the Lizardmen and Aztec ranges, either as allies or enemies

There is a hat tip to the old school GW Slaan, but also mantic now have frogmen in their 28mm armies.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Big Insect

Eureka do a whole range of 28mm frog-men - with blowpipes etc. But never seen any in 10mm.

I know somebody does a fantastic range of 6mm mole-men but cannot remember who right now.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Leon

Random suggestion added!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Big Insect

East Riding Miniatures do a very good range of 15mm Frogmen - the figure with the dart blow-pipe being particularly novel.

I'm planning a HoTT army and to paint them up in an assortment of Amazonian tree frog colours - with the blow-pipe wielders painted up as Poison Arrow frogs  ;D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

No good as sabatours in Black Op's then Mark ?  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

Colour scheme could be black and fluorescent yellow Ian - so might potentially work in the sparkling lights of a darkened harbour! 8)

Dunnadd

It's not as random as you might think - a certain 25/28mm fantasy miniatures company used to make a range of these until tey switched it to being lizardmen and reduced the frogmen (who shall remain nameless) to being mages commanding the lizardmen.

pierre the shy

Yes its the "A" word again.....but the range has appeared  ;)  :-bd

Maybe this idea could spawn a few other diverse South American ranges......Incas, Toltecs etc?
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

mmcv

Quote from: pierre the shy on 11 September 2020, 11:33:00 PM
Yes its the "A" word again.....but the range has appeared  ;)  :-bd

Maybe this idea could spawn a few other diverse South American ranges......Incas, Toltecs etc?

:-bd 8-> :-bd X_X

Yes to Inca and other South Americans. Mapuche. Amazonians (the rainforest kind), Tupi.

And more Mesoamericans...
Mayans
Tarascans
Tlaxcalans
Mixtec, Chichamec, Zapotec, all the -ecs.
North Americans? Mississippian? Iroquois?
Now I'm pushing it.