6mm/10mm Trebuchets

Started by Noktu, 11 August 2019, 03:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noktu

'Ello laddies!

I wonder if there are some whacky items out there I haven't come across as of yet.

I know Irregular makes 6mm Trebuchets, but wonder how those would look with 10mm infantry.

Please do share your knowledge gentlemen!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

They are easy to scratch....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

d_Guy

Old Glory has them in 10/12mm
Sleep with clean hands ...

mollinary

Kallistra do a range of mediaeval siege equipment in 12mm, including trebuchets.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I used to have the Irregular one; it was a pretty good model, and would certainly do in the baggage train in 10mm.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

If you can get hold of them through eBay Warmaster used to make some superb 10mm catapults etc.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Last I looked, Warmaster stuff like that on EBay went for eye-watering amounts, Leman.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

We've actually got an MDF one prepped to release at some point, I'll need to get that sorted out.  It needs some crew figures to go with it so I'll have a chat with one of the sculptors and get those done.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Noktu

Quote from: Leon on 13 August 2019, 06:03:51 PM
We've actually got an MDF one prepped to release at some point, I'll need to get that sorted out.  It needs some crew figures to go with it so I'll have a chat with one of the sculptors and get those done.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Noktu

Quote from: Leon on 13 August 2019, 06:03:51 PM

Leon, would you mind throwing some sneak peeks of the trebuchet?

Leon

Quote from: Noktu on 14 August 2019, 07:19:12 AM
Leon, would you mind throwing some sneak peeks of the trebuchet?

I'm afraid I don't have any!  It's just a 2D design on a computer at the moment, we've not cut it or tested it yet.  I'll get one done in the next week or two and get it down to our sculptor to add some crew.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Noktu

Quote from: Leon on 14 August 2019, 02:28:55 PM
I'm afraid I don't have any!  It's just a 2D design on a computer at the moment, we've not cut it or tested it yet.  I'll get one done in the next week or two and get it down to our sculptor to add some crew.

Is it possible to resize the design and cut a 6mm version of the trebuchet for example?

Or would the pieces be too small for mdf?

I'm rather curious.

Leon

Quote from: Noktu on 14 August 2019, 03:00:24 PM
Is it possible to resize the design and cut a 6mm version of the trebuchet for example?

Or would the pieces be too small for mdf?

I'm rather curious.

I'm not sure on that to be honest.  The design can be resized but you then have to go through it carefully and increase the tabs/sprues back up to fit the 2mm MDF material again, so it can be a tricky job.  I'm not sure how well the material would work for 6mm either, it might look a bit odd?