What a Tenker! - the BKC variant

Started by Steve J, 10 August 2019, 09:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

A good idea and looks like a fun game. ;)

Shedman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

8, 9 and 10 Will, as they had some weapons that could damage to the Shermans etc. I did think of taking the mortar variant, but decided against it.

Norm

Steve enjoyed the narrative. The blundered 250's and the lost Tiger are good highlights as to how well this rule set delivers dynamic play and enhances solitaire play.

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

bigjackmac

Great fight, Steve, thanks for sharing!  I'm always a fan of the beautiful, clean look of your table, and working on getting back to BKC myself.  Was surprised the Shermans were able to handle the Tiger; were you playing the 'normal' hits fall off at the end of the turn, or the optional rule that has hits stay on?

Looking forward to more!

V/R,
Jack

Steve J

Thanks for the kind words Jack :). I play the optional rule of hits stay on, as it gives a better game IMHO.

bigjackmac

Gotcha, Steve, and I did the same.

I am toying with the concept of units rolling 1D6 per hit at the end of each turn.

Green 6
Regular 5+
Veteran 4+
Elite 3+

Each dice that succeeds removes one hit; failed dice mean the hits stay.  So kind of a hybrid.  Haven't actually done it yet, and may make Elites too powerful, need to test.

Can't wait to see more of your BKC action!

V/R,
Jack

Dave Fielder

Look at that. You leave him alone for a few weeks and he goes and has all the fun!
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Ithoriel

We play "Hits Come Off Slowly" :)

We remove the following hits, at the end of the owning players turn.

Fanatic - 0

Green - 1

Regular - 2

Veteran - 3

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data