Counter-Attack at the power station - the action!

Started by Norm, 08 August 2019, 02:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

A replay of an east front 1943 scenario using 10mm, figures on a 4" hexes arranged into an 8 x 6 grid. The game fits onto a pinboard. The replay highlights the amount of playability than can fall out of a small space.

This is the game that got set up but not played a few days ago. It turned out to give a good game.

Link
http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2019/08/counter-attack-power-station.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

A great little game :)

As you say there were several things that didn't go the Germans way :(

A couple of questions on the write up
- should the German Baseline be at the top or bottom of the map?
- what time did Schmidt's men 'pop up' from the sewers, 0800 or 0730?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Norm

Quote from: paulr on 09 August 2019, 07:41:35 AM
:-bd =D> :-bd

A great little game :)

As you say there were several things that didn't go the Germans way :(

A couple of questions on the write up
- should the German Baseline be at the top or bottom of the map?
- what time did Schmidt's men 'pop up' from the sewers, 0800 or 0730?

Paul, thanks for the very helpful spot on the map, I have corrected the scenario PDF and the post.

Schmidts men specifically 'pop up' at the start of the Soviet first turn (turn 0800 hrs), between them testing for
Command and them taking their first action. The reason for this is so that the Soviet player
does not use their automatic Command focus to deal with the emerging German force, but rather
have to cope with it once command allocations have been made. The downside for the Germans is that they simply
emerge and then the Soviets have their turn!

The time difference of 0800 - 0730 is between by first post and second post. In the second post I moved the start
of the game to 7.30, so that it better matched the story line of a 'first light attack'.

Thanks for taking a close look to pick these up. cheers Norm.

bigjackmac

Fantastic fight, Norm, thanks for sharing.  Bad luck with Schmidt's sewer troopers, but I thought the Germans were going to be okay until the Panzers got close assaulted and the other ran off.

V/R,
Jack