1864 Danes

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 07 August 2019, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

After 5 years sitting in the box, winking at me each time I moved them for something else, I have finally assembled the first units in this project.
4 infantry units and a divisional commander.
Then I ran out of bases...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

This calls for an order to Leon!

Chris Pringle

There's only 121 there. Where are the other 1,743 you promised?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

;D As I said, ran out of bases Chris!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chris Pringle

Duke Speedy of Leighton

08 August 2019, 04:30:35 PM #5 Last Edit: 08 August 2019, 04:33:45 PM by mad lemmey
Information  gathering, translated from the Danish site:
When the war in 1864 broke out, he was given command of the 1st Division, which forced the Prussians back at Mysunde on 2 February. He supported de Meza's decision to escape the Dannevir position. When de Meza was dismissed as commander-in-chief of the army because of this decision, Gerlach was ordered against his own will to take over the command.

He did not share the war ministry's stance on warfare and had several clashes with the ministry. He was opposed to defending the Dybbøl position, but was ordered by the ministry to keep it safe. After the loss of the Dybbøl post, Gerlach prepared to take the defense forward from Fredericia, but he was joined by Minister of War C.C. Lundbye ordered to evacuate Fredericia. Gerlach tried to change the decision, but he was deprived of the command, which went instead to General P.F. Steinmann.

He then, at his own discretion, was given command of the 1st Division, which he retained command of during the war. In December 1864 he retired, and the following year he died in Copenhagen.

In connection with the commemorations on April 18, 2014, the descendants of Gerlach gave a journalist insight into documents that shows that Gerlach was a stronger critic of government policy than hitherto assumed; but for reasons of principle, he chose to comply with the government's order to hold the Deep Wave post, even though he found it wrong on the basis of a military assessment. [2]

Duke Speedy of Leighton

08 August 2019, 04:43:49 PM #6 Last Edit: 08 August 2019, 04:46:02 PM by mad lemmey
2nd Div Gode Von Plat
In 1856 he was appointed colonel, in 1858 awarded the title of Commander of Dannebrog and in 1860 Major-General and Chief of the 3rd Brigade. As such, he became commander-in-chief in Rendsborg and, on mobilization in 1863, was appointed commander of the 7th Brigade, from which, however, as early as December of that year he was transferred to take over the command of the 2nd Division.
Du Plat took over responsibility for the guard in the position on the 16th of the evening and therefore became responsible for the defense during the storm on the scans on April 18. He had no doubt that the attack would come, and had therefore made the necessary preparations. When he was informed of the enemy's attack in the morning, he immediately let the 2nd Brigade in the bridgeheads take fire; but, by probing the terrain, he soon came to the realization that the position could no longer be defended because the I-VI scans had been conquered by the enemy and the left flew in complete retreat. The General stepped forward, accompanied by his Chief of Staff, Major Ernst Schau, and could see his troops flowing back to the bridge heads. In an effort to prevent the retreat from escaping, he raised the cane he had in his hand and shouted, "Stay up, people, shoot!" During heavy gunfire, he was mortally wounded on the road near the barracks, and the same fate struck both his chief of staff, who rushed to his aid, and Major Sigismund von Rosen, who at about the same time, at noon, was mortally wounded on or at the chausse.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hans Shau
in 1863 moved to the field as Chief of Staff of the 2nd Army Division, in which he was promoted to major. He participated as such in the defense of Dannevirke and Dybbøl, and by his great diligence, punctuality and liveliness he acquired the full confidence of his general, Glode du Plats. On April 18, 1864, he was wounded along with this mortal while trying to stop our troops, who were looking back at the bridgehead. He was taken captive and taken to Flensburg Lasaret, where he died

Dave Fielder

Just need to colour them in and plant a few grass seeds, simples.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Sarge

I can beat that. I had my danes for 10 years😂😂😂😂

Dave Fielder

Bumped and boosted. Interesting comparisons of progress  ;)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Duke Speedy of Leighton