Lock up your Daughters, the fleet is in!

Started by Wulf, 07 August 2019, 02:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

I intended to wait until these were ready for use before posting, but... it's going to take some time... The colour values of my camera have gone weird, the violet ships are actually painted in Halfords grey primer. Of course, the most I've ever actually used in a game so far are a couple of Vospers, a couple of S-Boots & a couple of merchantmen. A lot of them, clearly, still need guns...

Guns, Bang, for the use of...

The reason for the excessive number of guns is the failure rate. That's about 30-50% of the guns I've TRIED to print... I still have very very few successful German twin or Quad Flak guns, even fewer 3.7cm guns. Most of them are printed way over scale - 125 or even 150% - just to get them to print reliably.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

lowlylowlycook

Pass on my compliments to your printer.  It did good work here.

I know that my friend who has printed a few coastal ships bought some metal weapons from Warlord.

Wulf

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 08 August 2019, 01:09:37 PM
Pass on my compliments to your printer.  It did good work here.
It says 'weee weee wee wee hmmmm', which means thank you...
QuoteI know that my friend who has printed a few coastal ships bought some metal weapons from Warlord.
It's certainly a viable option, weapons are on the limit of the printer's capabilities, and even at 125-150% scale, they aren't too smooth, and do look out of scale a bit (although not too bad if I choose the right ones to rescale, and don't scale all of them evenly - some I only increase in the X & Y directions, some in the Z direction etc).

sunjester

If all you need is some German 20mm, quads and 37mm, go for Heroics and Ros, it's much cheaper than Warlord.

Wulf

Quote from: sunjester on 08 August 2019, 04:28:14 PM
If all you need is some German 20mm, quads and 37mm, go for Heroics and Ros, it's much cheaper than Warlord.
So far I have used German 2cm single, twin & quad mounts, 3.7mm single, 8.8 shielded & unshielded, and the 2cm bow gun for the S-Boots. British single & twin Okerlion, Bofors, 2 pdr, 3pdr, 6pdr and twin Lewis guns (very very small, but printed quite nicely). I have over 50 files representing various different types of guns (more than that selection), and have now collected the ones that print well & reliably... The only on I still have issues with is the 3.7cm German gun that matches the shape used by Warlord (I have an alternative but it looks different).

Wulf

Quote from: Wulf on 08 August 2019, 06:33:51 PM
The only on I still have issues with is the 3.7cm German gun that matches the shape used by Warlord (I have an alternative but it looks different).
...and I think I've now sorted that one too...  8)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Quote from: paulr on 08 August 2019, 08:37:47 PM
:) :) =D>
Thank you  :D

I am now figuring how to manipulate & change meshes in a simple way. I replaced the thin 3.7cm barrel with a thicker (grossly overscale, but printable) one. Now printing a half dozen of them, plus assorted others as needed.