Korean War 41 Brigade Royal Marine Commando

Started by sjb1001, 06 August 2019, 05:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fielder

Good work and well done. The flags actually shows the Regimental Colours for 40 Commando Royal Marines, this flag is still taken on deployments and used within by the Unit HQ. In addition the unit also has a Queens Colour that is paraded only on special occasions. 41 Commando was only battalion strength although the Chinese probably thought they faced a Brigade, and of course all .30 Calibre weapons must be fired from the hip ;-)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

sjb1001

Cheers Dave, the badge was the best I could find for the job and from the words you gave just found the correct colour with the Presidential Citation from Chosin so might redo the flags with one on each side, they are just there for designating command units and objectives but will get it right eventually!!

New Pendraken NKPA are a joy to paint - all sand/buff/yukky 1970's corduroy tan colour (take your pick) uniform and cap with only a black base to the boots so should get them done over the weekend as wife lady is at her sailing club (light duty only after dislocating her knee getting out of the dinghy 6 weeks back with one of the silly little slips that generally end in major damage). The models have a great range of animation as well. Clo has limited animation still but won't need major reconstructive surgery hopefully.........

Dave Fielder

An interesting point to note was that 41 Cdo RM was deployed only carrying their Green Berets due to the necessity to get troops to theatre, all their equipment and clothing came from US supplies as part of the agreement. http://www.koreanwaronline.com/arms/41RMCpub.htm

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That must have been cold, that and no other clothes!  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dave Fielder

Un-dress uniform is standard dress for Royal Marines ;-)

sjb1001

I remember your fancy dress ideas Dave.......

I do like the fact Leon has gone to the lengths to do the 41 Commando with US weapons and a few stens for the officers that could get them over the M3 given it was a single unit force - I need to get a few artillery crew to carry shedloads of boxes next to the hip fired .30 modelss from what Dave says then  ;D ;D ;D ;D