1/600 WWII Pacific Coastal Forces

Started by bigjackmac, 01 August 2019, 12:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Continuing with my WWII in the Pacific forces, I present my 1/600 minis from PT Dockyard.  Not a large force, just big enough to give me some (hopefully) interesting games, and I can always add to them later, if necessary.  I'd bought these long before "Cruel Seas" was ever out (at least in public), but they'd sat on a shelf, untouched, until a bunch of guys (like that dastardly Sunjester, for example) started popping out coastal action batreps.  Those batreps convinced me to finally get off my butt and knock these things out.  As always, they're not beautiful, but they'll work for me, and some of you may be turned off as I gave them a really heavy wash to dirty them up.

So, here's what I've got:
-some sort of merchant ship, much bigger than everything else
-4 x US PT Boats
-1 x US LCM
-2 x 85' "Luggers"
-2 x Japanese T-1 MTBs
-1 x Japanese Type C Gunboat
-2 x Japanese 46' Daihatsu barges
-2 x Japanese Daihatsu gunboats

Two of the PT Boats, from the port beam.

Japanese Daihatsu barges converted to gunboats.

And the 1200 ton merchant.

To see more pics, please check the blog at:
https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2019/07/1600-wwii-pacific-coastal-forces.html

So there you go, I am now in the coastal actions business, and happy to be there.  Not sure when I'll get their first games in, I've got a lot of dogfighting, then ground combat to do before PT Boats get into the fight.

V/R,
Jack

sunjester

A nice little collection there, Jack. Plenty for some fun scenarios  for the PTs barge-busting or else trying to run a supply ship past the Japanese MTBs.

My mate Colin is bringing his Japanese fleet over next week for some Cruel Seas action, so watch this space for more coastal batreps!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

The heavy wash works for me, gives them that 'well used' look ;)

The false wake, on what looks to be a Liberty ship, is a nice touch :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Only problem is that Pacific Coastal is a tad one sided - fun for the USN but IJN don't have much in response.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac

Sunjester - Thanks for the kind words, and the inspiration!  I look forward to your next batrep.

Paul - Yeah, I'm no artist, so the heavy wash covers up a lot of my inabilities ;)  I think it looks like a Liberty ship, too, but I figured it surely must be too small for that?

Ian - Perhaps, and certainly as the war goes on, but I think things were pretty lively in the Solomons, and even into New Guinea.  Nonetheless, rest assured I will be able to pull off my usual, very bloody, encounters there ;)

Thanks Lemmey!

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Jack.

You really don't sleep, or eat.......do you ? (EEEEEK....We have a vampire amongst us.)

Or is Jack Junior doing a load of your figures....and you're just taking the credit. ;)

(I think we should be told !)

They look smashing, Matey. :)

Cheers - Phil

bigjackmac

Thanks Phil.  And I told you, eating and sleeping is for chumps ;)

And I absolutely cannot wait until I get 'Jack Junior' can start doing all the work for me!

And who's scared of vampires, anyway? ;)

V/R,
Jack

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021