IPMS Show, Bristol

Started by Steve J, 04 August 2019, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Some damn fine 'bit's of kit' on display there !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Big Insect

A good one day show - good to see you there Steve  :D

I always find I buy my best brushes, paints, 'tufts' etc at these IPMS shows. I bought a great static grass applicator and a 'rusting' kit for my WW2 armour (& also my 6mm FWC Scavenger army) - really great product.

I was playing in the LaDG 28mm competition at the Bristol (Thornbury) show. My Yorkist Pretender army (poor old Lambert Simnel) got beaten soundly in all 3 games, getting mauled by a fearless Aztec, trampled on by an Anglo-Danish and finally ridden into the dust by an Ostrogoth. My Longbowmen died horribly (to a man) in each game, as did my mercenary german handgunners and Courrors (HC lance) ... in fact, in my last game, in one round of melee I managed to throw 5 successive '1's' on a d:6 - at that point you might as well just throw in the towel.

But it's a game ... and it was all fun and played with great friendship + the Aztec went on to win the competition. The Aztec at first looks an unlikely army, but it has the numbers to our flank most of its opponents and if it can get the right terrain will even give a mounted army a run for its money.

Huge fun

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

Quote from: Big Insect on 05 August 2019, 12:07:02 PM
A good one day show - good to see you there Steve  :D

I always find I buy my best brushes, paints, 'tufts' etc at these IPMS shows. Last year I bought a great static grass applicator and a 'rusting' kit for my WW2 armour (& also my 6mm FWC Scavenger army) - both really great producst.

I was playing in the LaDG 28mm competition at the Bristol (Thornbury) show. My Yorkist Pretender army (poor old Lambert Simnel) got beaten soundly in all 3 games, getting mauled by a fearless Aztec, trampled on by an Anglo-Danish and finally ridden into the dust by an Ostrogoth. My Longbowmen died horribly (to a man) in each game, as did my mercenary german handgunners and Courrors (HC lance) ... in fact, in my last game, in one round of melee I managed to throw 5 successive '1's' on a d:6 - at that point you might as well just throw in the towel.

But it's a game ... and it was all fun and played with great friendship + the Aztec went on to win the competition. The Aztec at first looks an unlikely army, but it has the numbers to out flank most of its opponents and if it can get the right terrain will even give a mounted army a run for its money.

Huge fun

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

Well, you had fun which is what it's all about :). Lots of good products on offer as you say Mark, but I didn't see anything I really needed, given that I have Antics modelshop a mere 5 minutes stroll from work.