10mm fighting WWII in the city.

Started by Norm, 03 August 2019, 04:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Just setting up a 10mm game on 4" hexes with a cityscape based design. can Soviet forces re-capture the Power station?

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2019/08/city-fighting-in-10mm-on-hexes-tigers.html

ronan

Very nice !  ( you wrote you can move the whole thing... alone ? Is it heavy ?)

Norm

Hi, can't fine the 'alone' reference, but basically I was suggesting that if you play in a space that is borrowed - say the family dining table, then if the table is needed, this battlefield, sitting on a pinboard, is easy to lift and put to one side, you can even rest it on an ironing board, so anyone without a table, could even do just that.

Steve J

Great idea Norm and love the look of the battlefield. BUA combats suit small sized boards as somehow they look more in keeping with the table size.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ronan

Quote from: Norm on 03 August 2019, 07:06:54 PM
Hi, can't fine the 'alone' reference, but basically I was suggesting that if you play in a space that is borrowed - say the family dining table, then if the table is needed, this battlefield, sitting on a pinboard, is easy to lift and put to one side, you can even rest it on an ironing board, so anyone without a table, could even do just that.

( I misunderstood and believed you move it alone.) It's  still a very good idea.

Noktu

I really enjoy the scenery! Looks great!

Norm

Thanks all. I have now played through the game,which was very enjoyable and anoter example of how a hge amount of game play can come out of such a small space. I will be posting up some pics and comments over the next couple of days.

Techno