Looking for an armoured elephant - NOT elefant!

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 02 August 2019, 11:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: FierceKitty on 25 August 2019, 10:56:14 AM
I'm not scratching the furniture, I'm scratching GOM (or does he count as furniture?).

.....and if we're very careful, we can see here the elusive, migrating Davenport...... No, sorry it's only GOM doing his inimitable impression of furniture again.... 😄😄😄��

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Techno on 25 August 2019, 09:01:41 AM
I'm glad you're agreeing with my agreement, Vic.  ;D  ;D

I agree. ;)

With the super fine detail.....even if 'something' was just visible in the impression in the rubber mould....By the time the 'releasing agent' (talcum powder, or equivalent) was slapped on the mould....that'd lose some of the detail....and by the time an undercoat was put on the model......Would there be anything left ?
Apparently the human eye can't see anything smaller than 40 microns.....And some of those 'dents' defining the 'scale armour'...........

Be interesting to see what you can achieve. :)

(Kitty.....stop scratching the furniture !!......And I nearly typed loose, instead of lose, again...Obviously got a 'blind spot' as far as those words are concerned. X_X)

Hello

I've had a play around with various software/sites and there are a number of ways that you could come up with a 3d master. A good time waster important site is dektophero3d.com which lets you play around with various bits to come up with a figure and pose that could be 3d printed. I made up a prototype of a Malay/Indonesian in a short time, picture attached.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Cheers - Phil

Techno

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Techno on 06 September 2019, 08:15:21 AM
How tall is that one, Vic ?

Cheers - Phil

Hello Phil

The beauty of 3d I'd that you can scale it with a few clicks. So it can go from 54mm to 12mm in an instant. If you've got any 3d programs I can send you the downloaded figure to have a look. Just let me know what file format you want. Sculptris is a good free program.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Thank you, Will !:P

I think it'll be a long time (if ever) before I get to have a go at 3D printing, Vic.

I understand that once you've got 'the gubbins' (stop me if I'm getting too technical) set up....you can make whatever size you want....I was just wondering what size the chap pictured actually is ?

Cheers - Phil :)

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Techno on 06 September 2019, 04:55:14 PM
Thank you, Will !:P

I think it'll be a long time (if ever) before I get to have a go at 3D printing, Vic.

I understand that once you've got 'the gubbins' (stop me if I'm getting too technical) set up....you can make whatever size you want....I was just wondering what size the chap pictured actually is ?

Cheers - Phil :)

Hello

Ah I see now. No I haven't printed anything out yet, still playing with the sculpting/animation software. The picture is of a 3d model that I was playing with. When I come up with something I'm happy with, I'll get somebody commercial with whizz-bang expensive printers that can do fine detail to print and see what it comes out like. The sort of hobby printer I could afford wouldn't have the level of detail/smoothness required.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan