Projects Halted for Necessary project

Started by Terry37, 02 August 2019, 10:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Thanks Paul! I am not expecting to place, as there are just too many shooters far better than I am. I do it for the fun, and the camaraderie of the people.  And it's fun to play dress up!!!! I did manage a 4th place win a couple years back though!!!! Can you say PURE LUCK!!!

One of my very first matches, so please excuse all of the errors!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb3stz77NQs

Hoppy Trails

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Steve J

That's one impressive looking figure Terry! Oh and good luck with the shooting :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Terry37

Had to miss the workers match at cowboy shooting due to coming down with a terrible intestinal disorder.  Not fun! Am still recovering, but did manage a hour or so with the paint brush today. Oh well, there's always next year!!! :(

More Aztecs soon!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Sorry to hear that Terry, hope you are better soon.

Love the Huitzilopochtli figure!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Terry37

On the mend so have been getting in some brush time. Finished the Aztec god of war, Huitzilopochtli, and tried to get some decent pictures on an overcast day. Not pleased with the pics but they will give you an idea of how the figure came out. I am very pleased with the way he turned out. I decided to leave the shield off, as it just didn't seem to look right. I can always add it if I ever want to, but for now here he is.

He appears to be shiny in these pictures, but that is not the case. I get a sort of egg shell finish with the way I do my protective clear coats.

I have also finished the three Blade elements, one of which is the General element. I'll try to get pictures of them tomorrow. The tournament is two weeks away, but I think I can make it, although it's going to be close!!!

More soon,

Terry

fred.

Impressive, Terry. Very impressive, certainly looks god like.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Techno

That looks really spiffy, Terry.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

14 October 2019, 04:40:58 AM #118 Last Edit: 14 October 2019, 04:43:09 AM by Terry37
Thank you everyone for the kind remarks. Mesoamericans are always fun to do....if you enjoy colorful costumes and uniquely dressed troops! Had better light today so retook some pictures of the hummingbird god, plus my three finished Blade elements. For you pleasure I present....

And the Blade elements (Blades are an element type in HOTT. Element types in HOTT are determined by both the weapons they use and their manner of fighting)

The Command element - L-R: Horn blower (not or Royal Navy fame!!!), high Priest, Standard Bearer (standards were used to communicate with the troops) and the General.

Two elements of suit warriors played as Blades

Closing in and more soon!

Terry

Techno

Damn fine job, Terry !  :)

Cheers - Phil