Projects Halted for Necessary project

Started by Terry37, 02 August 2019, 10:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

No, seems camouflage was not high on their list of to-dos! Worked on the Fire Coyote Warrior today and although he's still rough this will give you an idea of how he will be looking.

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Coming along nicely, Terry ! :)

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

They'll be camouflaged amongst all the other brightly coloured warriors... Maybe the suits and tassels and feathers act as a distraction and make it harder to judge distances and movements in close combat.

Lovely work as ever Terry, looking forward to seeing more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Been doing several things since I last posted. First I decided that some of the "fire/flames" on my Fire Coyote Warrior were too long, so I clipped them....and yes, in so doing pulled several off. So I have re-glued those and also added about another half dozen in what appeared to be bare spots. I think he looks much better now. Just have to paint the back side of the shield and the base coats are finished, ready for shading and highlighting.

I've also done some more base coat painting on various other figures, and decided that I didn't really care for the pose of the one Blade element that had everyone leaning over so I am scraping that and replacing it with poses that are more vertical, so as to match better with the other Blade element and also to reflect a more ordered close body of troops as opposed to my two Warband elements.. This involved some head swaps and some other modification due to not having enough vertically standing figures. It;'s the four guys in front that I've scrapped, but am able to save and still use he back banners if need be.

Lastly, I received the excellent figures from Outpost in super time, and Jeff was very helpful in meeting my figure requirements  (Thanks Jeff) for creating my god element - Huitzilopotchtli, or the Hummingbird god, god of war and of the sun. This will again be made from a 28 MM figure with some modifications, but not as extensive as Mictlantecuhtli. Here are couple of pictures of what I started with and after the basic work has been done to the figure and the new parts created. I'll assemble him tomorrow. Love the back banner Jeff sent me and with the head dress, that will make for a very colorful and imposing figure, plus he was represented as being painted turquoise blue and holding a serpent in his right hand.

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Base coats are finished on the basic figure of Huitzilopochtli, the Hummingbird god and  Aztec god of war and the sun. Have to say this has been a really fun figure to paint, and look forward to now doing the shading and highlighting, which will add some life to him. I am now working on the large back banner and his shield.

More to follw,

Terry

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

mmcv

The bright colours really work, will really stand out in the table!

sunjester

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Terry37

OK then, The Aztec Hummingbird god figure is finished, just need to finish the back banner and the shield and I can apply the clear coats and base him. Spent four hours today shading and highlighting him, as I didn't want to use any washes. I am pleased and he will make a nice god element in he army. Cowboy Action Shooting State Match for workers starts Saturday so tomorrow will be spent getting ready. So no further work until after the weekend.

More to follow,

Terry

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Good luck with the Cowboy action shooting
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!