Projects Halted for Necessary project

Started by Terry37, 02 August 2019, 10:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

MiniPatton

Excited to see the final product - the multi-color is funt to look at!

Terry37

Very much appreciate everyone's comments. No pictures tonight, but may try for a few tomorrow. I have finished the base coats on the Eagle Warrior and am quite pleased. Same for Quetzalcoatl, plus making good progress on Mictlantecuhtli, Demon of the Underworld and his dog, and also Quetzalcoatl in human form. Plus doing quite a bit of work on some of the base coats for the suited warriors.

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

Things seem to be slowly trudging along!!! Painting an army with so much color and detail is always a slow one. Here are just some WIP update pictures. The skeleton parts on the Demon will bring things more "alive" (if I may use that word for a Demon the Underworld/Dead) once I hit the bones with a wash. Until then you'll have to just imagine how he will look. His dog I know looks funny, but is taken directly from one of the Codex, only with a skeleton head added, which I took from a picture of him I found on line.  I am also sharing the Eagle Warrior (also taken from one of the Codex) and one of the Blade elements of Suit Warriors just to give an idea of the color that such an element will look like.

Trust me there is still a considerable amount of work to be done!!!

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Terry37

Just a painting update, but no pictures worth showing. However, a lot has been accomplished. The base coats for the Eagle Warrior and the Quetzalcoatl , and Quetzalcoatl as a human are finished and I will start the washes and other detail work on them now. Very leased with them....but painting Aztec/Mesoamerican shields is a trial - even the simple ones!!! Also got the weapons painted on the the two Horde elements and a second coat of skin tone started on the the Hordes as well.  All but the shield is finished on Mictlantecuhtli, which will be the skull shield design...of course!. Close to being finished are the Ocelotl Warriors (need to do shields and the black dot markings) on their suits), and I have started on their Jaguar mounts. Re the Jaguars, one will be a Stanford orangey-brown spotted jaguar while the other one will be a melanistic jaguar (the correct name for the all black or mostly black jaguar/panther, but still with some orangey-brown and traditional spots showing. Actually even full black jaguars/panthers have the spots but except in the right light, they are very hard to see.

More to follow, and photos.

Terry

Techno

Really looking forward to the end result.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

Not a good light day, but I managed a few pictures of the first two completed figures - the Eagle Warrior and Quetzalcoatl in human form. I apologize for the blurred picture of the eagle Warrior, but my shutter speed was not fast enough to capture a decent picture as he flew by!!!!I'll get you a better one next time.

Eagle Warrior

Quetzalcoatl in human form

I am really pleased with how both figures came out. However, I'll bet I tried at least 7 different mask face paintings on Quetzalcoatl before I tried this one, and this one gave me the look I was after - i.e a sort of a serpent look. The starting figure was a mystery to me as  I have no idea what he was supposed to be - he came in a feathered suit with a bird/eagle helmet (that looked more like a chicken head), but also had a jaguar tail???? Needless to say, I removed the Jaguar tail and heavily modified the helmet. The helmet paint work is sort of a mix of him from various depictions in several codices.

Once the humidity drops I'll spray the protective coats and base them.

More to follow

Terry

Techno

Very nice, indeed, Terry !!  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

Terry37

Quite a bit done the past few days, and will try for some wip pics tomorrow. Thursday morning will be my last painting day for at least 10 days due to having cataract surgery, first left and then right eye.

Started doing some of the beautiful face painting a few of the Aztecs wore and that is fun. Should be able to apply the wash to the skeletal part of Mictlantecuhtli and then he should start looking pretty good. He's nearly done, as all base coats are finished. Have also nearly finished the base coats on the Ocelotl Warriors and they are a colorful lot (or would that be "lotl"!!!)!

Hopefully more tomorrow,

Terry

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno