Projects Halted for Necessary project

Started by Terry37, 02 August 2019, 10:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Great project so far, looking forward to seeing more!

Techno

Terry37

Finally got some time to finish creating the two special figures, Mictlāntēcutli, demon of the underworld (Behemoth), and Quetzalcoatl, winged serpent in human form to go on my Dragon base. These are the last two figures for the army. Here are a few pictures to give you an idea.

Here are all the pieces made except the two feathers I decided to add during he putting together of the figure - one on each side below the feather headdress.

Two different angles of the assembled figure sitting on a 40 x 40 MM base he will go on. He's not primed yet as I just finished him so some of the details may not show well.

Here's Quetzalcoatl in human form. I will add dragon type nostrils with paint to give him a more serpent look.

I will prime these before turning in tonight and tomorrow the painting starts!!!

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Noktu

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

I took a couple of pics of the Demon and his puppy after I primed them as they allow you to see the detail a little better. I've also started apply base and pre-coats to the figures and I am genuinely excited about doing this army. Actually one I've wanted to do for a very long time, and have had the figures forever.

Oh, and I measured he original wings on the Quetzalcoatl, and they are not 8 inches as I was thinking, but right at 4 inches. Still they were too flat and too big for my liking.

Hoppy Trails

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

These are truly pictures of work in progress, but thought they might give you an idea of just how much fun a Mesoamerican army can be. If you like colorful troops, this is pretty hard to beat! Again, I am still working on the base coats so please don't expect too much.

Quetzalcoatl front and back. He is pretty much done as far as base coats go, but the top feathers will be green Quetzal feathers. I still need to do the mouth, eyes and teeth as well, but he is coming out as I had hoped!

Mictlantecuhtli front and back. He doesn't look all that great right now, but there is still a lot to do on him. The shield with have the skull design, with yellow feathers tipped probably red and parrot green with a turquoise band about a fourth up from the bottom. His bones will show up better after a light wash is applied. The rim of the shield will be red.

Quetzalcoatl as a human, only with parrot green skin. I have decide that instead of putting him on the base with the winged serpent version to base him separately as a Hero. This wa sa strange figure  started with in that he had a eagle helmet but a feather suit with a ocelot tail!!!! Of course I removed the tail and did a lot of work to make the helmet look less eagle like and more dragon like. Quit a bit to do on him still too! Decided to make this change after I found out that Quetzalcoatl was seen as several different things, one being a Hero!

I have also been slowly working on other figures, but not enough to share as it is just basic stuff, but I figure every little bit helps and that once these bad boys are done the rest will move rather quickly. The ones pictured are the most demanding!

More to follow,

Terry

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Do you offer your opponents dark glasses when you use it ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

I was going to say that I thought the colour combinations were a bit on the 'dull ', side.
Too monochrome, and plain, perhaps ?  ;) ;D ;D

Keep it going, Terry.....I think this/these will look absolutely awesome !

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Simply awesome work Terry 8). They will certainly brighten up any table they grace :).