Projects Halted for Necessary project

Started by Terry37, 02 August 2019, 10:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

fred.

Wow! That really brings the colours out Terry. Top work.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

The better lighting reveals the colours :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Terry37

To give you an idea of the on-going work on my HOTT Aztec army, here are the remaining elements that I've been working on. They are a fair bit away from being finished or even washed, shaded and highlighted, but I am trying to make a little progress every day.

More to follow

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Steve J

Nice to see more progress and they are going to look stunning once finished 8).

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Terry37

Closing in on finishing a few more elements, and have decided to also create a Fire Coyote Warrior. This was a  lower rank priest warrior which wore a black coyote suit with red feathers or strips of cloth/paper attached randomly all over on suit and helmet. I don't know of anyone who makes this warrior in 15 MM, so I am trying to create one.

I first tried cutting very tiny thin strips of paper to glue to the figure, but at 15 MM, I couldn't get them small enough. So now I am trying a piece of unraveled string, which makes a good size for the figure. I first heavily coated the string in white glue to make it stiff and then will cut tiny pieces that I can hopefully glue to the figure tomorrow. We'll see?????

I also found thi son YouTube and thought I'd share the link. Can you imagine going into battle dressed like this and with headdress like these guys are wearing!!!! Sure is colorful though!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soNn7QB-RJc

Hoppy Trails

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

They didn't believe in camouflage, did they ?

Cheers - Phil