Projects Halted for Necessary project

Started by Terry37, 02 August 2019, 10:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Well, I am officially back in the saddle again.....out where a friend is a friend.... Oh wait, that's a cowboy song, and I'm talking about Aztecs!!!! What I am trying to say is that my eyes have healed nicely, and I have a new clear vision, but am no longer near sighted! So I have tried a couple pair of reading glasses to let me do close work, and today tried a new pair of +3 magnification which seemed to at least allow me to see the figure so I can paint it. But I will have to change my method a bit. I finished Quetzalcoatl, my Dragon, and he is going to look terribly menacing to any opponent! I'll do the clear coats tomorrow, and glue him to his base and then share a couple of pictures with you. I really do like the figure and especially after I changed out the wings. The wings that come with it are nice, but too flat and the eagle wings I used truly look a lot better and seem more scaled to the figure. Quetzalcoatl was a feathered serpent and not the typical dragon of Tolkienesque.

Until tomorrow then, Hoppy trails

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Sounds like great news, Terry !  :)

I'm sure you'll find your 'new method' in no time.

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Steve J

Great news Terry and i'm sure once you get used to wearing glasses, you'll be back to your normal painting. Worth getting them checked so that you get the prescription right, as each eye can vary.

Terry37

Was not a very good day for taking pictures, overcast and threatening, but unfortunately no rain!!! Been several weeks since we've had any so we do need it. Also, temps are staying in the
upper 90's due to a stalled high north of us! Our weather is dependent totally on the location of the Jet Stream - if it's above us, then it's hot and humid and if it's below us mild and comfortable!

OK, this is not meant to be a lesson in Tennessee weather so let's get to the pictures of Quetzalcoatl. Due to the poor light, the colors are not showing up great but you can at least get an idea.

The crimson color of his head ended up turning more of a dark plum to reddish-purple shade, but he still looks pretty cool. And what a fun figure to paint! We need to have Leon make this figure so you can game him in 10 MM scale - HOTT does nicely at that scale.

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Love this, the colours in the wings especially look magnificent

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Terry37

Again, apologize for the poor pictures. I tried doing a couple this morning using the flash and they are better and let you see just how colorful ole Quetzalcoatl really is.

Terry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner