A gift from someone who knows me!

Started by sunjester, 01 August 2019, 09:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

This was my birthday present last month from an old friend who obvious knows me quite well.

It's multi purpose, I can turn it over and use it as a drinks tray or a cheese board as well!  ;D

Techno

Noktu

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Dave Fielder

When would you ever turn it over for cheese? The top message remains in play ...
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

FierceKitty

I want two (one in feline - the new kittens have a few things to learn).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

What ?.......How to sharpen their claws on items that are precious to you ?........Horizontally pee in electrical sockets, so you get a damn good belt when you see said socket is 'smoking', and go to switch it off  as quickly as possible ?

Better still, do the horizontal pee in nice bits of 'hi-fi' equipment....and completely wreck them.

I think cats are great, truly.......as long as they belong to someone else. ;)

Had far too many, to ever want any more. :P

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

19 August 2019, 12:15:12 AM #10 Last Edit: 19 August 2019, 12:27:39 AM by FierceKitty
Many times I'd have dried up and been scattered in the wind if kitties hadn't kept me alive emotionally. I can tolerate their little ways.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Terry37

19 August 2019, 03:44:41 AM #11 Last Edit: 19 August 2019, 03:47:46 AM by Terry37
Love the gift and I say somebody likes you very much! I'm pretty sure the only one I ever get is the monthly one my Electric Company sends me!!!!

As for cats, I am not too fond of them, because they are predators. Bunnies are not....well, unless you're a banana, a baseboard, a door jamb, an exposed electrical cord, my dress shoes, the back of our sofa and several chairs, and finally, just about every rug in the house!!!! But you've got to love them because they are just being bunnies.  They gnaw stuff to keep their front teeth worn down because they never stop growing.

Dad, I don't know who made that mess....maybe it was that other bunny!!!!

Sweetheart, I found out why the keyboard doesn't work!

How can anyone be upset after seeing this!  I sure can't!

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Cute !!  :)

Maybe the 'bun' was trying to connect itself to the PC, so it could act as an organic replacement for the mouse. :D

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

Many years ago we used to foster buns for the RSPCA, before our local re-homing centre was built, and on one occasion we had 16 rabbits in the garden. We had been asked to look after 2 does who both turned out to be pregnant. We learned how to tell the sex of a baby rabbit really quickly that month, so we could separate them asap.

We ended up keeping an albino angora that had come in as a neglect case (he looked like a tiny lamb after he had been shaved). Originally we were only going to have him until someone with experience of caring for angora came along, but that never happened. We were told he was safe to keep on the lawn as angoras did not dig very much. That went well until I nearly broke my ankle when I fell down a sink hole in the middle of the lawn, obviously we had got the Evil Genius angora and he was building his secret base under our feet! :d

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 19 August 2019, 07:08:22 AM
Cute !!  :)

Maybe the 'bun' was trying to connect itself to the PC, so it could act as an organic replacement for the mouse. :D

Cheers - Phil

Trying to take my Muppet title are we Phil !!  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021