Common Era Errors

Started by Westmarcher, 30 July 2019, 02:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 August 2019, 03:29:26 PM
Westmarcher...
https://blotz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23_57_187

Thanks, Lemmey. I had seen that mdf product when I was researching the market last year plus I already have mdf fences but from another mdf supplier. Harking back to the photographs in the Wikipedia link I provided, a lot of the mdf products out there (our own Pendraken do a two rail version) are quite passable for the fences illustrated in photos 1, 2 and 4, given the difficulty of reproducing something in 3D using a 2D medium.

Reproducing the type in photo 3 is a lot harder in mdf (although, again, Pendraken have come up with a reasonably good effort with their snake fence in mdf, the main downside being the length of the rails). The best reproduction in miniature of a 'split rail fence with supports' I have seen is the snake fence product by Total Battle Miniatures. TBM have researched this well and come up with a really good version in lead (see link below).  But, whatever you end up buying, it surely has to be better than round cocktail sticks which, for the reasons already stated, may fool the uneducated eye and are just wrong.   :)

https://totalbattleminiatures.com/bigbattalions/10-15mm/accessories.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Terry37

Just getting back to this one. Let me be clear, I would never recommend anyone repaint their Bavarians, because that is an un-needed effort. Being truthful, I always knew they didn't wear a baby blue, but was never really sure until I got some of the original Knotel plates on the Bavarians and then found that actual uniform on line. May be why I never got any Bavarians until recently.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

FierceKitty

Thank heavens Prussians have my heart.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

She's a darling and makes me happy in many ways, but may I never have to lead an army of Thais!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Bunny

Quote from: mad lemmey on 02 August 2019, 10:18:35 AM
The Loire and the Sarthe were very blue yesterday

The Kabul river is very brown, full of human waste, trash and plastic...... ;D ;D :D