SYW infantry in mirliton.

Started by Leman, 30 July 2019, 09:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Just been on the Honours of War site and seen some lovely photos of 15mm French Fischer light infantry, and others, all wearing the milliton. This was also worn by the infantry of the Prussian von Kleist Freikorps. However there is no equivalent figure available in any of the 10mm SYW ranges. Could this be added to a list of figures to complete ranges for the future?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Not Drowning, Waving

They would be very useful. Please put to the front of the sculpting queue!

FierceKitty

Would certainly be useful for Francophiles.

Can I suggest a few more hussar poses, both types of hedgear? They really should look a bit more wild and free-spirited.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

golem

02 January 2021, 02:45:47 PM #4 Last Edit: 02 January 2021, 02:50:42 PM by golem
 +1 vote :)
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

kustenjaeger

Greetings

I've used SYR25 Russian pandours as a proxy - though they are more in a colpack than a mirliton.

Regards

Edward

mollinary

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 02 January 2021, 04:25:45 PM
Greetings

I've used SYR25 Russian pandours as a proxy - though they are more in a colpack than a mirliton.

Regards

Edward

Hi Edward, that is a pretty good proxy for the scale, but shouldn't that be a 'klobuk' rather than a colpack? I thought the latter was a furry thing worn by hussars?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

kustenjaeger

Quote from: mollinary on 02 January 2021, 05:49:59 PM
Hi Edward, that is a pretty good proxy for the scale, but shouldn't that be a 'klobuk' rather than a colpack? I thought the latter was a furry thing worn by hussars?

Probably!  I tried searching the etymology without success.

Edward

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wealdmaster

mollinary

The officer in SYA25, the Austrian grenzers, is a good start for conversions.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon