Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
22 October 2020, 09:59:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We are now stocking the excellent 1:285th Raiden aircraft ranges!
308691 Posts in 17951 Topics by 2265 Members
Latest Member: siredazirahk
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  18th Century Requests
| | | |-+  AWI Cavalry & Infantry in Tarletons
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AWI Cavalry & Infantry in Tarletons  (Read 20851 times)
clibinarium
Major

« Reply #75 on: 16 October 2012, 03:26:22 PM »

Yes, its a bit odd. I understand the motivation behind it, if the idea is to encourage the customer to commit to that range and that range only, but its a zero sum gamble. Either you'll get all their business or none of it.
It would be nice if they were compatible, its always useful to have additional variety in an army. Not sure the bosses will approve of me saying that or not, but my view is that compatibility helps different companies ranges mutually. That's just a guess, maybe people in the business with actual figures in front of them know better.
General Bt Sherman
Captain

« Reply #76 on: 16 October 2012, 05:27:33 PM »

Well, the past ranges must be selling well enough to continue adding new ranges. I can’t imagine that their new AWI range will be more complete than what Pendraken already offers. At this point the only way I would consider using Kallistra figures is if they offer a range that is not covered by Pendraken, Like the War of 1812.

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #77 on: 16 October 2012, 06:01:20 PM »

As far as I'm aware, the original reason for the bigger figures goes back to when they started using our Fantasy figures.  With the Fantasy ranges being a little larger than the historical 10mm, more in the 12-14mm bracket, when Kallistra wanted some Medieval-style humans to go with them, a slightly larger figure was sculpted.  That sizing has then continued through their other ranges.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Dazza
Major

« Reply #78 on: 16 October 2012, 06:25:54 PM »

excitement overload!!!

Big hug! Big hug! Big hug!

oh we are so excited, I know one person who will be GLUM and Excited  about it,  GLUM we got our Cavalry, Excited its all gonna stop on the we want Tarletons (maybe)

evening Ian Smiley

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies
http://www.ukstrike.co.uk

" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

Never argue with an idiot;
He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.
General Bt Sherman
Captain

« Reply #79 on: 16 October 2012, 10:56:11 PM »

As far as I'm aware, the original reason for the bigger figures goes back to when they started using our Fantasy figures.  With the Fantasy ranges being a little larger than the historical 10mm, more in the 12-14mm bracket, when Kallistra wanted some Medieval-style humans to go with them, a slightly larger figure was sculpted.  That sizing has then continued through their other ranges.

That makes sense

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
ianrs54
Playtester
General

« Reply #80 on: 17 October 2012, 07:47:19 AM »

oh we are so excited, I know one person who will be GLUM and Excited  about it,  GLUM we got our Cavalry, Excited its all gonna stop on the we want Tarletons (maybe)

evening Ian Smiley

Small things - Small Minds.

IanS  Cheesy

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY

Muppet of the year 2019, and 2020
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: