TB Line.

Started by YORSTONS, 24 July 2019, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YORSTONS

Hi folks, can you tell me are there any feudal prussians due out in this range
Thanks
Steve.

Leon

What kind of thing are you looking for?  The only TB figures for that region would be in the already released ranges: https://pendraken.co.uk/tb-line/  The Middle Age ranges still to come are Islamics and Mongols, so not quite German in their appearance!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

YORSTONS

Thanks Leon
Was thinking of pagan prussian types. For scandanavian crusades.
Steve.

Leon

I don't think there's anything like that in the existing ranges I'm afraid.  Have you got any pics of them I can have a look at and we'll see if we can find a suitable proxy?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

My recollection of the Prussians were that they were similar in armour, equipment and dress to the Vikings.

Tunic, trousers, boots and maybe a cloak, with the better-offs having mail shirts and conical helmets. Spears, swords, knives or axes for weapons.

Others, more versed in the period, may know better.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Here is a pic from the redoubtable old WRG Feudal Europe book, attached below.

Closest thing would be the TB Line Russians, maybe painted as wearing leather armour. If they are going to be paired up with the TB Line Teutonics, just be aware that if you intend using vanilla Pendraken, there is a size difference with the TB Line being closer to Fantasy size rather than the vanilla Pendraken size. Maybe you could use some of the Fantasy Barbarians as well:-

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

YORSTONS

Those are the figures I was wanting at the bottom of grumpy old man's reply.
Also forgot to ask, are you going to doing any flags for these ranges.

fred.

The line drawn figures, look fairly generic dark ages figures.

Would the Norman medium foot work? They have light to no armour, kite shields and spears. I don't think there are any archers with kite shields though.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

As fred says, Normans with kite shields could be an option?

Quote from: YORSTONS on 26 July 2019, 07:29:30 PM
Also forgot to ask, are you going to doing any flags for these ranges.

There's no plans for flags at the moment, we've got our flag guy busy working on some Indian Mutiny and ACW designs currently so we'd have to look at that again in 2020.

GrumpyOldMan

fred.

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 26 July 2019, 03:06:15 AM
, just be aware that if you intend using vanilla Pendraken, there is a size difference with the TB Line being closer to Fantasy size rather than the vanilla Pendraken size.

For infantry, I haven't found this, most TB line figures I have seem to fit well size wise with Pendraken historical.

For cavalry its a different matter, the TB line Arabs I have, have much bigger horses than Pendraken historical - more in line with GW horses Warmaster horses.

And I have found the above quite often the case with 10mm ranges, while foot figures are generally compatible horse sizes can be very varied between manufacturers.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Noktu

27 July 2019, 03:58:55 PM #11 Last Edit: 27 July 2019, 04:02:20 PM by Noktu
Maybe some late roman unarmoured troops could be used aswell? I know the shields are oval/round though.

Someone had some saxons painted up, propably a mixed up bunch of different ranges.

YORSTONS

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Will have a look and see what I fancy for this project.