Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 23 July 2019, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

A new project, playtesting something for Si Hall
https://madlemmey.blogspot.com/2019/07/invasion-earth-forces-gather.html

KSLI in 1879 Home service uniform

Really like the figures, amount of detail is perfect

But what foe do they face?

Shambling lumps of living rock, armed with strange plasma spewing guns, and fearsome close quarters weapons...

"Join the infantry they said, it's a man's life in the army they said..."
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Matt J

23 July 2019, 02:56:00 PM #2 Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 03:47:22 PM by Matt J
Love it  :D

Although I pity the poor aliens, invading some areas of Shropshire means quarrelling with the locals.....(they is a bit mental round these parts)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Techno

Both of the above !!  8) :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Matt J on 23 July 2019, 02:56:00 PM
Love it  :D

Although I pity the poor aliens, invading some areas of Shropshire means quarrelling with the locals.....(they is a bit mental round these parts)

Already inspired some background fluff Matt:
"So, one of them things, we was on patrol, see, and what do you know, just past The Crown and Anchor,
Well, it landed in Old Mrs Bickerdyke's lettuce patch.
What a mess it made, she was fumin', straight out her porch, skillet in 'and, trying to confront it.
Poor thing neva stood a chance. Body parts everywhere. It was 'orrible.
Anyway, me and the lads had a whip round, she was very impressed by the replacements we bought her, after we cleared up the mess..."
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Would a said d KSLI ad no chance me sen good as a 3 band enfield or a .45 boxer martini 'enry may be.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sunjester

bigjackmac

Don't know much about Earth invaders, but those British look fantastic!

V/R,
Jack

Terry37

Very cool! Love invasion games and we used that as a theme in the GBnUIT tournament a couple of years ago. I have two HOTT alien armies to paint up - one , The Race, taken from Turtledove's series, and the other based on various 50's Sci-Fi movies. Your post makes me want to do some alien painting!!! Nicely done!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Glorfindel

This sounds really interesting.   I have recently been thinking of putting together
something along these lines but perhaps based on those old 50's flying saucer
flicks.   

The key seems to be judging the right tech level for the aliens...   A bit like the
Goldilocks story - powerful enough to be a threat but with a weakness of some
sort.

It might even be fun to set it where you live.

It'll be interesting to see where you take this.

Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

23 July 2019, 05:55:24 PM #10 Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 05:57:51 PM by mad lemmey
Thanks chaps, I've been meaning g to pick up the British for a while, was just pondering opponents.

Jones-Evans, we haven't caught up since your last leave, no, stand at ease...
The time away appears to have done you well, your hit accuracy is up, and in that last encounter your aim was superb. Yes, we are recommending you for a medal for saving Captain Patterson.
No, we are impressed. We are also impressed by how you have turned your appearance around, and your clenliness is much improved, there is even a rumour you've taken the pledge, which considering your previous consumption rate, us astounding.
Gratifying that while you were away you lost weight, I know, it was your mother's cooking, but usually that has the other effect. It's not often soldiers return having lost at least three inches in height, was the harvest that hard work?
Anyway, exemplary effort, keep up the good work Jones-Evans,
Yes, you are dismissed...
Oh, Jones-Evans, you might want to get some better moustache glue, some of the officers are starting to notice!

mmcv

It's clobbering time!

Raider4

Quote from: Terry37 on 23 July 2019, 05:34:48 PM
. . . based on various 50's Sci-Fi movies.

Somewhere I have all the bits in 6mm to make a start on a 1950's-style Arizona National Guard - lots of half-tracks and late model Shermans and bazookas and stuff. The plan was for these to fight against alien invasion and/or giant irradiated insects, probably using the Epic Armageddon rules. One of the reasons I bought the Pendraken Tripods as well.

Dave Fielder

There are some parts of the Midlands even the humans don't go to; do those Aliens know what is in store for them? The Rail Station at Crewe is truly terrifying.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis