How come...

Started by FierceKitty, 22 July 2019, 07:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Its all right for you lot, I am on nights. You try sleeping during the day in this, and getting enough sleep to concentrate during a 12 hour night shift (cue violins)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

Warm and very humid here in Bristol. Currently 27 degrees in the hallway, but been much warmer all day. Apparently felt more like 35 degrees, with Thursday feeling like 38; luckily having lived in Nigeria I don't find it too bad.

Techno

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 23 July 2019, 07:06:53 PM
Damn autocorrect.
Baking, baking.

I did wonder.  ;D ;D ;D

Very warm and cloudy here, this morning......With the sun supposed to come out later in the morning.
I think it's just going to be horribly hot and humid.

It certainly brought the clegs (horseflies) out yesterday.

Von got bitten twice....But fortunately didn't get too much of a reaction on her skin.
I got bitten once, on the back of my hand, and I did get a reaction.
Hateful little beasts !!! >:(

Cheers - Frodo of the fat knuckle. =)

Steve J

We had some tremendous lightening storms last night, with some thunder (got woken by what I can only call an explosive clap of thunder) and not much rain. Slept OK but very humid this morning on the cycle into work at 6.30am.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

24 July 2019, 08:02:10 AM #19 Last Edit: 24 July 2019, 09:03:06 AM by mad lemmey
Big lightning strike up the road from me, woke up the whole family, sleep is an optional extra in this household....
😴
Edit - my eldest, always a heavy sleeper, this morning "Was there a storm?"
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

We were supposed to get all that - yellow weather alerts, doom, gloom, apocalypse now, etc - but seems to have passed around us.  :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Yesterday it made me feel exhausted and decidedly unwell, despite rehydrating all the time. Took dog out earlier and now starting to feel like I did yesterday.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Know just what you mean, Andy.

Even a complete ectomorph like yours truly, finds this really horrible.

It feels almost airless, when it's as 'close' as this.....Even seems a slight struggle to breathe properly. (Moan whinge, moan , moan) =)
I'm hoping that we might get a damn good thunderstorm, to 'clear the air'....really soon !

Cheers - Mr I. M. Too-Hot.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Gaming seems somehow more appropriate ! Heavy rain last night, but dry now. Hot and sticky
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

I must have slept like the dead Steve ... unless that thunderstorm was confined to your part of Bristol ? I didn't hear a thing! Just woke up and it was damp and a lot cooler.

Personally I like hot weather - as long as work doesn't drag me into London ... that is torture!  :'(
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Raider4

Quote from: Big Insect on 24 July 2019, 01:48:12 PM
I must have slept like the dead Steve ... unless that thunderstorm was confined to your part of Bristol ? I didn't hear a thing!

Seemed to be a lot of lightning flashes, but not very much thunder, which I found odd. Did have big crack and a couple of rumbles from further off but it was mostly silent.

FierceKitty

I prefer Paris in the winter, when it drizzles. Sorry, Mr Porter.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Thunder last night, slightly cooler and more bearable than yesterday. Two large fans going in the club made today's game enjoyable. this was a Japanese v Korean FOGR which we will be putting on at Colours. To be completed next week.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Current temperature similar to where I lived in Kaduna, Nigeria, in the 1990's. The only difference is it is way more humid over there, which really, really makes it feel way hotter!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Steve J on 24 July 2019, 09:32:24 PM
Current temperature similar to where I lived in Kaduna, Nigeria, in the 1990's. The only difference is it is way more humid over there, which really, really makes it feel way hotter!

That's quite old weather then?
My Ego forbids a signature.