Feudal Japanese range previews!

Started by Leon, 21 July 2019, 07:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Shedman on 22 July 2019, 12:01:01 PM
Will the Ashigaru all come in one pack or spread across several packs as per the current range?

They'll be split down so that there's 4 Ashigaru packs, and then the same for all of the other sculpts.

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 22 July 2019, 01:55:43 PM
Would it be tricky to add the back banners to the close fighting masters?
(I anticipate the answer is a very big YES!!)

Unfortunately it is a big yes on that, the angles that they need to be attached make casting them very difficult and there's a good chance they'd get bent during the moulding process as well. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

25 July 2019, 08:55:32 PM #17 Last Edit: 25 July 2019, 08:58:59 PM by FierceKitty
I may want a few of those. Has the big drum been abandoned?

Oh, is the monk with the big club wearing a conical hat?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

They are lovely Figures.  Fortunately for me I have no interest in a Samaurai/Japanese army. So therefore will not be tempted.

( I am having enough problems with Sunjester and his suggestions for Cruel Seas).

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 25 July 2019, 08:55:32 PM
Oh, is the monk with the big club wearing a conical hat?

I believe he is, yep.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 25 July 2019, 08:55:32 PM
I may want a few of those. Has the big drum been abandoned?

Not abandoned, just not done in time for the photos.  It'll be getting done in a separate batch before we get these ready for release.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Noktu

Dannyboy

Ok I'm in, any chance of another pack of armed peasants for a truly random marauding horde? Please, can we have a set of decals for mon and banners to accompany these, as they make or break the overall look of the army. But yes it's going to be fantastic.

Dannyboy

Two further questions guys if I may  :D

Can we have a couple of extra packs to the Sohei Monks, a pack of Arquebusier as they were major pioneers of this in their clashes with Oda Nabunaga, and any chance of a mobile shrine as a command stand piece for them.

Second question, will there be a set of rules to go with these guys for larger scale battles, or does anybody have suggestions or pointers in the right direction?

Cheers

J

Leon

Quote from: Dannyboy on 07 August 2019, 09:41:22 PM
Ok I'm in, any chance of another pack of armed peasants for a truly random marauding horde?

We won't be adding any more sculpts at this point, but if the sales go well and enough people want them, we can look at some additions.

Quote from: Dannyboy on 07 August 2019, 09:41:22 PM
Please, can we have a set of decals for mon and banners to accompany these, as they make or break the overall look of the army. But yes it's going to be fantastic.

Yep, we've already got some plans in place so we'll have some decal sheets ready for release.  It's a third-party set that we'll be buying in, before the requests start!

Quote from: Dannyboy on 07 August 2019, 10:50:25 PM
Can we have a couple of extra packs to the Sohei Monks, a pack of Arquebusier as they were major pioneers of this in their clashes with Oda Nabunaga, and any chance of a mobile shrine as a command stand piece for them.

As with the other request, we'll need to see how popular the range is before we plan any additions to it.

Quote from: Dannyboy on 07 August 2019, 10:50:25 PM
Second question, will there be a set of rules to go with these guys for larger scale battles, or does anybody have suggestions or pointers in the right direction?

That'll be one for the other members to help with!

Dannyboy

Plenty to keep us going on with anyway...... ;D ;D ;D

Wkeyser

Any idea when these might be avalable?
Thanks

Leon

Quote from: Wkeyser on 09 December 2019, 10:09:00 AM
Any idea when these might be avalable?
Thanks

I'm doing the Ancient Persians this week, to hopefully have ready for release before the end of the year.  Then it's straight on to the Japanese as our first release of 2020 I'd expect.

FierceKitty

When these are ready, I do advise making the ashigaru available in single-pose packs. I am sure I'm not alone in liking the pikemen and the musketeers in large armies to be in single poses (while samurai, monks, and peasants should max out on variety).

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 January 2020, 04:44:58 PM
When these are ready, I do advise making the ashigaru available in single-pose packs. I am sure I'm not alone in liking the pikemen and the musketeers in large armies to be in single poses (while samurai, monks, and peasants should max out on variety).

I'm not sure that's something we'd be looking to do but I'll have a think.  It's tricky to gauge which pose would be more popular, so you can either do a 50/50 mould (2 poses) and hope that they sell in similar numbers, or you do a mould for each and end up with loads of spares every spin.

FierceKitty