1809 Confederation of the Rhine released!

Started by Leon, 20 July 2019, 11:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

20 July 2019, 11:57:09 PM Last Edit: 21 July 2019, 03:19:18 AM by Leon
After a very successful Not-Kickstarter campaign to fund their design, we're very pleased to announce that our new 1809 Confederation states are now available!  Covering Hesse-Darmstadt, Saxony, Warsaw and Wurttemberg, this group rounds out our 1809 ranges nicely.  

As well as the figures we've also got flags for each state (courtesy of Tony Hughes) and we've also put together a handy starter pack for each range as well, to get you going with your new armies.

1809 Napoleonics
Hesse Darmstadt - https://pendraken.co.uk/napoleonic/1809/hesse-darmstadt/
NHD1   Line/fusilier, march attack   £5.25
NHD2   Line/fusilier, firing line   £5.25
NHD3   Line/fusilier command   £5.25
NHD4   Mounted officers (5)    £1.75
NHD5   Chevaux-Legers   £5.25
NHD6   6pdr guns (Nap Austrian) with crew (3)   £5.25
NHD7   7" Howitzers (Nap Austrian) with crew (3)   £5.25
NHD8   Limbers with team (2)   £5.25
PNFL514   Hesse-Darmstadt flags   £2.50
Army Pack: 3 x NHD1.  1 x NHD2, 3, 5, 6   £33.00

Saxony - https://pendraken.co.uk/napoleonic/1809/saxony/
NSA1   Line infantry, march attack   £5.25
NSA2   Line infantry, firing line   £5.25
NSA3   Line command   £5.25
NSA4   Grenadiers, march attack, inc. command (16)   £2.80
NSA5   Leib Grenadiers, inc. command   £5.25
NSA6   Schutzen, march attack, inc. command (16)   £2.80
NSA7   Schutzen, firing, inc. command (16)   £2.80
NSA8   Mounted officers (5)    £1.75
NSA9   Light cavalry   £5.25
NSA10   Heavy cavalry   £5.25
NSA11   Hussars   £5.25
NSA12   6pdr guns (SYW) with crew (3)   £5.25
NSA13   7" Howitzers (SYW) with crew (3)   £5.25
NSA14   Limbers with team (2)   £5.25
PNFL515   Saxony flags, sheet 1   £2.50
PNFL516   Saxony flags, sheet 2   £2.50
Army Pack: 3 x NSA1.  1 x NSA3, 5, 9, 12   £33.00

Duchy of Warsaw - https://pendraken.co.uk/napoleonic/1809/duchy-of-warsaw/
NDW1   Line/fusiliers, march attack (czapska)   £5.25
NDW2   Line/fusiliers, firing line (czapska)   £5.25
NDW3   Line/fusiliers command (czapska)   £5.25
NDW4   Line Elites (Volt/Gren), march attack (16) (czapska)   £2.80
NDW5   Line Elites (Volt/Gren), firing line (16) (czapska)   £2.80
NDW6   Line Elites (Grenadier), march attack (16) (bearskin)   £2.80
NDW7   Mounted officer (5)    £1.75
NDW8   Uhlans   £5.25
NDW9   Uhlan Elites (8 )    £2.80
NDW10   6pdr (SYW) with foot crew (3)   £5.25
NDW11   6pdr (SYW) with horse crew (3)   £5.25
NDW12   7" Howitzer (SYW) with foot crew (3)   £5.25
NDW13   7" Howitzer (SYW) with horse crew (3)   £5.25
NDW14   Limbers with team (2)   £5.25
PNFL517   Duchy of Warsaw flags   £2.50
Army Pack: 3 x NDW1.  1 x NDW4, 5, 8, 10   £33.00

Wurttemberg - https://pendraken.co.uk/napoleonic/1809/wurttemberg/
NWU1   Line/fusilier, march attack   £5.25
NWU2   Line/fusilier, firing line   £5.25
NWU3   Line/fusilier command   £5.25
NWU4   Leichtes, inc. command   £5.25
NWU5   Mounted officers (5)   £1.75
NWU6   Grenadiers (16)   £2.80
NWU7   Jager, inc. command   £5.25
NWU8   Chevaux-Leger   £5.25
NWU9   Jager zu Pferd   £5.25
NWU10   6pdr guns (Nap Austrian) with crew   £5.25
NWU11   12pdr guns (Nap Austrian) with crew   £5.25
NWU12   7pdr Howitzers (Nap Austrian) with crew   £5.25
NWU13   Limbers with team (2)   £5.25
PNFL518   Wurttemberg flags   £2.50
Army Pack: 3 x NWU1, 1 x NWU3, 4, 8, 10   £33.00

And a selection of pics:

Hesse-Darmstadt line/fusiliers, firing line:

Hesse-Darmstadt Chevau-Legers:

Saxony line infantry:

Saxony Leib Grenadiers:

Saxony Hussars:

Warsaw line/fusilier command:

Warsaw line Elites in bearskin:

Warsaw Uhlans:

Warsaw 6pdr guns with horse crew:

Wurttemberg line/fusiliers, march attack:

Wurttemberg Leichtes:

Wurttemberg Jager zu Pferd:

We'd like to thank Forum member Zippee for all of his help with the reference material for this range, we really appreciate his input and support on this project.  Next up will be another treat for the Napoleonic gamers with a selection of casualty figures arriving in the next week or so.  After that we'll be releasing our Indian Mutiny range!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Steve J

Great to see these released and looking forward to the Indian Mutiny range as well :)

Techno

Those look damn zippy !!  :)

Cheers - Phil

Zippee

Really glad to see these roll off the production line, although my paintbrush is wilting at the workload that's suddenly arrived !

Any inaccuracies are totally my responsibility - we had to make judegemnt calls on a number of things, all of which was complicated by Leon deciding to move ahead whilst I was in transit with barely any access to my library  :o

Still I think we got there in the end and these codes really broaden the scope of the 1809 range

I think we may have cemented the precedant of how to get secondary ranges up and running, so all thos ecalling for Spanish and Peninsula stuff, you know what ya gotta do  :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nah, those minor campaigns aren't worth it, should stick to the main fights, Buenos Aires anyone?  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

As Zippee has generously taken any blame for mistakes in the figures, I suppose I should stand up and make a similar statement with regard to the flags (apart from the Duchy of Warsaw, of which I know nothing!). Sorry!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

John Cook

Quote from: Zippee on 21 July 2019, 03:16:40 PM

I think we may have cemented the precedant of how to get secondary ranges up and running, so all thos ecalling for Spanish and Peninsula stuff, you know what ya gotta do  :D

I see lots of Spaniards lurking among those Saxons and Hessians.  Who do I throw money at to get a Peninsular range started? 

Leon

Quote from: John Cook on 24 July 2019, 05:43:04 PM
Who do I throw money at to get a Peninsular range started? 

I think if we use this Not-Kickstarter method again then the Peninsular would be the focus.  There's a huge number of sculpts needed so we'd want to get an idea of their viability before we went ahead with it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Not Drowning, Waving

Or you could do Russians, even a modest number, and make it possible to do 1812-14.

You really don't need much for the infantry. At 10mm the uniform for all types of infantry are identical, only the head dress varies: plume or no plume (leaving out the Pavlov grenadiers).
2 march attack and 2 firing in each would let you do Line, Jaeger, Grenadier and Guard - 8 sculpts, all basically one uniform. Could do greatcoats in the same poses...
I have used the old sculpt command for units made with other manufacturers, so you could just stop at that, and already field nearly every unit.  An additional command set of 3 would give command variety.

Add 2 Pavlov grenadiers march attack (same uniform as line but with mitres) and 2 Opolochenie with pikes (ok their uniforms are different but simple) and that would be the entire infantry.

But I guess there might be reluctance to field infantry only. Still 8 sculpts of the one uniform would be all that is currently needed.

Zippee

i think it would make more sense to target the Peninsular as the logical follow up to the 1809 rather than switching to 1812+, that will need to be the focus of a subsequent campaign  ;)

I can't take the lead on Peninsular shennanigans and will have only marginal personal interest

but it needs:

a) British range (line, highlanders, hussars, dragoons and heavies, foot artillery) although I think some 1815 bits can be repurposed (rifles, horse artillery?)
b) Portugeuse (line, light, cavalry, artillery) not sure how much they differ in detail from their British bankrollers
c) Spanish, early versions so lots of variety (line, light, volunteers, guerillos, light, heavy, artillery)
d) French - limited small addition of 'German / Spencer' short-tail tunic wearing infantry for allied contingents

John and others can add detail to that i'm sure (much of it is probably tied up in the various "for the love of god give me Spanish" threads stewn across the forum

it's a big chunk but it is probably the most popular sub-period within Napoleonics so it should generate interest (and finacial backing) just not from me  :D

Oh and it certainly needs its own dedicated thread

Not Drowning, Waving

Well that could have gone better..

Peninsula it seems to be.

Ben Waterhouse

i'll stick a couple of quid in for a Peninsular non kickstarter  :)
Arma Pacis Fulcra