Who works for Pendraken?

Started by Terry37, 18 July 2019, 02:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Sunray on 18 July 2019, 10:22:25 PM
Probably the best 10mm wargaming entity in the world.   The Forum allows us to be part of that.

:-[
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Interesting Terry you should perceive us as "a team" .   I would suggest we have become a well adjusted community.  There is a lot of military knowledge in the Forum, some really talented artists and painters, there is  a desire to help, and .....a respect for the business/service that Dave and Leon have created.
Probably the best 10mm wargaming entity in the world.   The Forum allows us to be part of that.

Seconded :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 18 July 2019, 10:27:00 AM
I don't think it's recommended doing anything other than chest compressions, now.
Last time I went, the breaths were back. I've also switched to "Another One Bites the Dust", which is a much more appropraite song to sing whilst giving CPR.

Quote from: Leon on 18 July 2019, 02:19:56 PM
The other staff don't really do much online so you won't hear from them here.
Anyone else read that as dripping with menace?

Interesting Terry you should perceive us as "a team" .   I would suggest we have become a well adjusted community.  There is a lot of military knowledge in the Forum, some really talented artists and painters, there is  a desire to help, and .....a respect for the business/service that Dave and Leon have created.
Probably the best 10mm wargaming entity in the world.   The Forum allows us to be part of that.
Absolutely.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Raider4

Quote from: fsn on 19 July 2019, 07:41:44 AM
Last time I went, the breaths were back. I've also switched to "Another One Bites the Dust", which is a much more appropraite song to sing whilst giving CPR.

To be fair, I think the Vinnie Jones/Staying Alive thing was aimed at non-trained people. Doing that is better than doing nothing!

Techno

THAT is true.  :)

But it does put doubt in peoples' minds. X_X

I have to admit, I get a little 'teed off' when we're told doing X....is good for you, and you should really follow this advice.....and then a few years later we're told that following this advice is bad for you, because the risk of something dire is increased.

You can't win.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil ;)

Ithoriel

"The game of life is hard to play ...." :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

...and the rules are under constant modification.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

They certainly are !  X_X  ;D ;D ;D

If 'they' ever say that smoking does you good because of some reason or other, I'll know the world has gone completely bonkers.*

Cheers - Phil

* I don't believe for one second that this will ever happen. ;)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But - but - but, Nicotine is a calming drug, so troops were encouraged to smoke between 14 and 18 and again between 39 and 45... ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mollinary

Quote from: ianrs54 on 20 July 2019, 07:35:44 AM
But - but - but, Nicotine is a calming drug, so troops were encouraged to smoke between 14 and 18 and again between 39 and 45... ;)
So troops in their twenties and thirties were sufficiently in control of their emotions not to need calming?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Terry37

To all, and especially Leon, thanks for helping me understand the world of Pendraken. I still look at it as a team, in that you all seem to be pursuing one common goal - customer satisfaction, helpful assistance, quality products and consistently friendly. Yep, that seems to be a single goal!!!

FYI, the reason i asked, was trying to put an idea in my mind of whose notes and posts I was reading.

Bottom line - best forum there is, even if you don't game in 10 MM!

Thanks,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Raider4

23 July 2019, 09:44:01 AM #27 Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 10:12:42 AM by Raider4
Quote from: Techno on 20 July 2019, 06:56:53 AM
If 'they' ever say that smoking does you good because of some reason or other, I'll know the world has gone completely bonkers.*

Maybe they won't now, but . . . do an internet image search for "smoking adverts good for you"

Edit: Can't get link to work for some reason

Techno

Quote from: Raider4 on 23 July 2019, 09:44:01 AM
Maybe they won't now, but . . . do an internet image search for "smoking adverts good for you"

I'm sure I've seen a very old black & white clip of a politician extolling the 'benefits' of smoking.  X_X

It might even have been a public service 'advert'.

Cheers - Phil