More 3D toys for Cruel Seas

Started by sunjester, 17 July 2019, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

I recently picked up one or two 3D printed ships for Cruel Seas! I actually forgot to take a picture when I first unpacked the box, so there are 5 more ships, which were outside in the sun with their undercoat still drying when I took this shot. I assume the original owner got carried away with enthusiasm, but then got bored with the idea. I now just need to get hold of some weapons for most of these (I think he'd found printing the weapons too fiddly).
More on the blog https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2019/07/more-new-3d-toys-for-cruel-seas.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That should keep you busy for a day or two then!  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Wulf

Yes, printing the weapons is a bugger. I just printed a couple of dozen semi-randomly and I'll sort out which look right on which hull based on the quality of print...

I always breathe a sigh of relief looking at pictures like this ultra-closeup: mine look like that. It's all too easy to peer at them too closely rather than at tabletop play distance and only look at the flaws. They look lovely from a few feet away.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I've got the remains of a British weapons pack if needs be too...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Wow! Those are impressive looking! Look forward to seeing them painted up.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

sunjester

Terry: It might take as little while! ;D

Mad Lemmy: Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that once I finished digging through my bit's box.

Wulf: So long as they look good on the table, I'm not too fussed about how they look close up either.

Techno

Are the black ships supposed to represent the 'Eldridge'.

I mean....they're almost completely invisible. :o :o

Cheers - A Twerp. ;)

Seriously, though.....Look forward to seeing them painted. :)