The Battle of Old School Napoleonics

Started by Terry37, 07 July 2019, 07:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Decided to forego cowboy shooting due to the high chance for rain I drove to Nashville for some gaming. My friend David Crenshaw was going to o run an old school Napoleonic game using some of his newly acquired and beautiful 20 MM Hinton Hunt figures.

Having made a stop for a needed paint run I arrived about 15 minutes late, but they still made room for me and gave me command of the French Cuirassier regiment. The rules were new to all of us I think, but David and another helped us newbies work through them.

After a few rounds I was able to get my regiment in a position to attack a regiment of Guard Cossacks after they became disordered in an attack on a French line regiment that had formed square. Needless to say the remnants of the Guard Cossacks were last seen riding....well, OK, fleeing from the field. At this point I surrendered my command to engage in some HOTT games with my friend Paul Potter (I'll cover those games in a separate post).

Here are a few pictures of the game.

Overview of the battle underway. It really was an impressive set up and the figures, painted in the old school style were very colorful and beautiful to see.

Close-up of some of the French troops.

Close-up of some of the Russian command.

Here you can see my glorious command as they are maneuvering to attack the Cossacks!

Here you can see the view of the battle just prior to the Cossacks charge – they are maneuvering to the attack position, and my Cuirassiers, err, I mean my GLORIOUS cuirassiers also moving into position, while the skirmishers of both armies are sniping away at each other on the French left flank.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the glorious charge of the French heavies, because our battlefield photographer was off setting up for another game – but trust me, it was GLORIOUS!!!! Instead, he did manage this shot of the various commanders, and yours truly is the grumpy looking Gus in the Hawaiin shirt and black Pendleton Rodeo cap.

I later received a report that my brave and glorious Cuirassier command did not fare very well when they charged the emplaced Russian battery on the hill. C'est La Guerre!!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

That's a lovely looking game and a good amount of gamers too 8).

petercooman

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dave Fielder

There are times when only Old School will do. New fangled 2mm, 6mm and 10mm fads will have to work hard to keep up with the Grognards ;-)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis