Started by Steve J, 04 July 2019, 08:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Norm

Nice scenario. Great to see a 4' x 4' table and so much 'breathing' space for the troops.

mmcv

Nice report, looking forward to see how the Crimea plays out for you

Chris Pringle

Super thought-provoking report, thanks, Steve. I have taken the liberty of Tangoing you on TMP and on Lead Adventure Forum, as your art deserves to be widely appreciated!

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.com/
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info

Steve J

Glad you liked it chaps :). Chris, post-game Dave and I, when time allows, always talk through the battle as to what worked, what didn't, what could have been done better etc. This really helps understand why historical actions turned out as they did. We found this especially true from our Austro-Prussian and Franco-Prussian games. Your rules continue to delight and we look forward to more games from a wide variety of periods.

Dave Fielder

Yeah and thanks to Konstantinos for impossible terrain! It looked open but really hard to move over and those Bulgarian guns were very dangerous as I approached, and thus my left flank attack was completely stopped. "Don't fight the last war" he said ... I fought the last war expecting smoothbore artillery firing effects. No wonder the first few months in 1914 were such a bloody mess.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Techno

d_Guy

Enjoyed the post, Steve and Dave. The remark about the terrain being deceptive is a feature that is often hard to capture in a wargame.
Liked Steve's end comments, particularly about artillery placement and concentration of force. Every battle I've seen staged using BBB on this forum continues to impress. Thanks for all the pics and the thoughtful blog post.

Someday I want to see Evzones fight a highland regiment.  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...