I am thinking of dipping my toe into BKCIV, so I have some questions

Started by nemesisuk, 02 July 2019, 10:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemesisuk

Befor eI pull the trigger on this, I have some questions.

It looks like from what I have read on here, that a 1500pt game is a decent intro size game. So how long would they roughly last?

The starter packs - are they enough for a 1500 game?

I am sure I had another question, but it has gone out of my head.  :-

Many thanks for any answers

Ithoriel

I put together one possible option on how a NWE British starter pack could be configured in this thread

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,18556.15.html

It's the third entry.

I got to 1490 points no problem.

It gave a good solid basic force ... with lots of room for later additions!

If you remember the other questions, fire away :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Prophaniti

Last Hussar

If you want an infantry game try "I ain't been shot mum" instead.

Yes, I know this is a hijack. I don't care.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

Quote from: Last Hussar on 03 July 2019, 12:10:52 AM
If you want an infantry game try "I ain't been shot mum" instead.

Yes, I know this is a hijack. I don't care.

Was dragooned into a couple of games of IABSM and I have to say I wasn't that impressed. At that scale of game, 1 figure = 1 man, I'd sooner play TFL's Chain of Command and for one stand is a platoon, I'd rather play BKC.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

T-Square

1500 points is good for about 2 hours of play.  Your first games will be longer as you learn the rules.

We just played a game tonight.   8 players, 3 tanks each with 1 HQ each.  Sort of a 'What A Tanker' game BKC style.  That's 12 tanks and 4 HQs per side.  (No COs for this game.)  Great game and we got much more familiar with linear terrain, lines of sight, and other intricate sections of the rules.  Our game time was about 2 hours, during which I got my donkey handed to me outright.  Great game.

Donkey = Ass.  :P

Next week I have a request for a pure infantry game so we get a good feel for them in BKC-IV.

We are learning quite a bit about the new rules doing it this way and we've been playing BKC-II and FWC for years.  Always good to go back to base zero and play the game with rule books in hand.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

If you are anywhere near Sheffield on Sunday drop into Joy Of 6 - there is a D-Day dispaly game on.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Norm of this parish posted an excellent battle report of a small scenario that I think is brilliant for starting and learning the game:

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2019/05/taking-blitkrieg-commander-iv-for-spin.html

Szyderca

Do BKIV starter packs contain bases?

I assume they don't - am I right?

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 03 July 2019, 02:21:54 AM
Was dragooned into a couple of games of IABSM and I have to say I wasn't that impressed. At that scale of game, 1 figure = 1 man, I'd sooner play TFL's Chain of Command and for one stand is a platoon, I'd rather play BKC.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I totally agree
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Raider4