Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09 August 2020, 03:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The Greeks and Persians have been released!
304744 Posts in 17770 Topics by 2250 Members
Latest Member: Sask76
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Rules!
| |-+  Blitzkrieg Commander IV
| | |-+  BKC-IV Rule Queries
| | | |-+  Dig In
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dig In  (Read 2094 times)
Cross698
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2019, 09:28:43 PM »

Yes it has been left out of the Special Abilities, certainly in v2 it was 1 less dice to suppress or fall back and Green/conscript was add a dice. Hopefully this is an ommision from the rules.
And Green cannot "dig in" according to the Special Ability!
« Last Edit: 22 May 2019, 09:30:58 PM by Cross698 » Logged
Big Insect
Major

« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2019, 09:52:12 PM »

Good spot Steve
It's a reversed error - Vets should be harder to Suppress not easier - although there is an argument that Vets know about combat and so should take cover more quickly ... it's a tough one.
But it's already on the errata list

I still like Armati Steve - just got far too many other things going on right now (gaming and work and family stuff)  Smiley
stevemetheringham
Cadet

« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2019, 08:26:20 AM »

Mark

Is the intention that veterans are always harder to suppress and green easier or just for opportunity fire?

The argument that vets would take cover only makes sense if there was some benefit to it - like being 'dug in' is suppressed.

It looks as if the interaction between suppressed, veteran, green and 'digging'  and direct fire, opportunity fire and artillery wants clarifying Smiley

Steve
Big Insect
Major

« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2019, 11:33:21 AM »

It does Steve ... the intention generally is that Vets should be less easy to suppress than normal (regular) units and Green/Raw unit worse than both.

The interaction between Suppression and the special characteristics has proven more complex than originally intended, but the errata will sort this out.

Thanks
Mark
Jimbo94
Cadet

« Reply #19 on: 23 May 2019, 11:58:05 AM »

It does Steve ... the intention generally is that Vets should be less easy to suppress than normal (regular) units and Green/Raw unit worse than both.

The interaction between Suppression and the special characteristics has proven more complex than originally intended, but the errata will sort this out.

Thanks
Mark

In our first game the Russians were Green
I spotted that they couldn't dig in and that they re rolled 6's to hit but missed wher they are noted as being easier to supress
Where is this please

Thanks
Cross698
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2019, 12:11:49 PM »

In v2, it has not been translated across to v4 as it was missed off the Special Rule. Effectively when rolling for suppression or fall back add an additional dice for GREEN, and lose a die for veteran, so if they receive only one hit they don't test etc.
 Wink
Jimbo94
Cadet

« Reply #21 on: 23 May 2019, 01:17:32 PM »

In v2, it has not been translated across to v4 as it was missed off the Special Rule. Effectively when rolling for suppression or fall back add an additional dice for GREEN, and lose a die for veteran, so if they receive only one hit they don't test etc.
 Wink

Ah yes, remember it no from BKCII or maybe CWC
That would have made it even tougher for the Russians than it already was

Thanks
Cross698
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2019, 01:26:00 PM »

Personally I would drop the fact that Green cannot dig in, seems a bit bizarre to me, unless not issued shoves etc  Wink
ianrs54
Playtester
General

« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2019, 01:50:48 PM »

Quite likely they threw them away,a s heavy and uncomfortable (and no I'm not trying to be funny here). See 36th Texas Division at Monte Cassino

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY

Muppet of the year 2019, and 2020
Big Insect
Major

« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2019, 02:59:43 PM »

The Green cannot dig-in should only apply as an Initiative Action.
They can Dig-in as a Commanded Action.
Again this will be clarified once we do the full Dig-in errata.

Many thanks
Mark
Cross698
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2019, 04:13:14 PM »

Makes more sense.
stevemetheringham
Cadet

« Reply #26 on: 30 June 2019, 04:54:42 PM »

Mark

We are considering another game in the near future, and wondered if this has been sorted?

Is there an errata sheet?

Steve
Big Insect
Major

« Reply #27 on: 30 June 2019, 09:33:41 PM »

Not yet Steve - I am having trouble devoting time to getting it finished, as well as answering more queries.

I will have think about the Dig-In specifically and reply you my thoughts directly.

Cheers
Mark

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: