Yet another cheesehead..

Started by Aart Brouwer, 17 March 2010, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aart Brouwer

.. and not from Wisconsin either. I'm the real thing, a Dutchman by birth and breeding. I am ye compleat amateure when it comes to miniature wargaming. I have only just started painting (and gaming with) 10mm WWII Pendraken miniatures and I love it so far. I hope to be able to contribute something useful to the site, if only through the occasional stupid question which allows other players to bask in the glow of their superior expertise. ;D

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Megamatman

Hi Aart,

Welcome to the Forum!  :)

Matt
Megamatman

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Megamatman on 17 March 2010, 10:00:38 PM
Hi Aart,

Welcome to the Forum!  :)

Matt

Thanks, Matt. This forum is great news for the wargaming community at large and for takers of Pendraken miniatures in particular. I'm hoping for some sound advice.

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Leon

Welcome to the Forum Aart!  Ask away, I'm sure people will be able to help.   :D 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jase

Hi Aart!

Welcome! Good to see another Dutchman here!
Exitus Acta Probat

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Jase on 18 March 2010, 05:10:03 AM
Hi Aart!

Welcome! Good to see another Dutchman here!

Thanks, Jase, and likewise! You know what this means: some day you and I will have to come up with a passable Dutch scenario for our fellow players. Just wait till we start 'poldering'.

Cheers,
Aart

OldenBUA

Hello,

Not the fiirst, hopefully not the last, too. Another cheesehead with a collection of Pendraken 10mm. American and German WWII, for BKC II, in various stages of completion...

Where are you guys located? I'm up north myself, in Groningen.

Alex
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Jase

I'm somewhat in the centre, in Amersfoort
Exitus Acta Probat

Aart Brouwer

OldenBUA

Oh well, lucky you... Still, our country isn't the biggest in the world  ;D Distances aren't all that long, relatively speaking. It's the traffic that makes travelling so time consuming  >:(
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Jase

No sh*t! Is Aart Brouwer your real name? Can't say I know an Aart, though.
Exitus Acta Probat

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Jase on 10 April 2010, 08:29:17 PM
No sh*t! Is Aart Brouwer your real name? Can't say I know an Aart, though.
It's my real name alright. I play with the Blade of Destruction people; they are mostly from Utrecht and surrounding towns, but more than a few live in Amersfoort or Hoogland. If you want to get to know some of us, just send me a PM.

Cheers,
Aart