Those damn kids....

Started by mmcv, 26 June 2019, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

The VERY best of luck, 'M'.

Cheers - Phil

steve_holmes_11

Recommend studying tactics employed against horse archers.

mmcv

Luring them in close then unleashing your heavy cavalry is pretty much the lay in wait and charge out shouting at them approach I took.

Any sort of physical out maneuvering is off the cards as there's two of us and they have four avenues of escape that quickly branch into twelve. Plus we're out numbered 10 to 1 by the little blighters.

I'm not sure the council would be too happy if I started trying to deny them the terrain. Suspect they're opposed to stake pits in the pavement.

Strategic out maneuvering is basically telling their parents on them!   :d

Calling in reinforcements is getting police involved.

Any other strategies? :-S

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Artillery? Well, water pistols...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Quote from: mad lemmey on 27 June 2019, 04:36:51 PM
Artillery? Well, water pistols...

In this weather it would likely just encourage them, but perhaps the hose could be utilised...

Dr Dave

Water pistols - and a water soluble paint?  ;D

steve_holmes_11

mmcv

A fair number of them lack goolies! But I can agree with the general thrust of the argument.

d_Guy

Quote from: mmcv on 27 June 2019, 11:14:28 PM
A fair number of them lack goolies! ...
Oh brave new world that has such people in it.
Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

28 June 2019, 07:51:01 AM #24 Last Edit: 28 June 2019, 08:18:33 AM by FierceKitty
Buy a mantrap, give a public demonstration of what it can do, and let it be known that you'll be putting in out to catch troublesome bratlings. It would be illegal to do so in reality, but let them suspect that it's there. You could also hire an accomplice and stage an accident in which he or she lies screaming with a Versailles-level spray of fake blood pulsing into the air....

Deterrence is ze art of producing in ze mind of ze enemy...ze FEAR to attack....  (Dr Strangelove)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mmcv

Quote from: FierceKitty on 28 June 2019, 07:51:01 AM
Buy a mantrap, give a public demonstration of what it can do, and let it be known that you'll be putting in out to catch troublesome bratlings. It would be illegal to do so in reality, but let them suspect that it's there. You could also hire an accomplice and stage an accident in which he or she lies screaming with a Versailles-level spray of fake blood pulsing into the air....

Deterence is ze art of producing in ze mind of ze enemy...ze FEAR to attack....  (Dr Strangelove)

Https://youtu.be/IJw2lFWJ4aY

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 27 June 2019, 03:27:32 PM
Recommend studying tactics employed against horse archers.

Elephants, Camels, Flaming Pigs, Greek Fire.
Or perhaps plashed wood edges (whatever that are).

For those who've ventured beyond the 3000BC - 1500AD era, there's a device that emits a sound that irritates youngsters, but us grown ups can't hear it.
Cant remember the name, something like "Radio 3".

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mmcv

Quote from: Ithoriel on 28 June 2019, 06:23:49 PM
Mosquito

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito

Haha, very tempting but would likely drive the dog nuts! And the neighbor's baby!

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 28 June 2019, 05:47:22 PM
Elephants, Camels, Flaming Pigs, Greek Fire.
Or perhaps plashed wood edges (whatever that are).

For those who've ventured beyond the 3000BC - 1500AD era, there's a device that emits a sound that irritates youngsters, but us grown ups can't hear it.
Cant remember the name, something like "Radio 3".

Not sure we'd fit an elephant in our house, but flaming pigs seems like a sound plan. Can't see any drawbacks or potential issues, plus you've a tasty meal afterwards.