Kursk - 7th Guards Army and Armee Gruppe Kempf

Started by kustenjaeger, 26 June 2019, 04:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Ages ago I developed some OBs for BKC II based on various actions in early July 1943 between elements of the Soviet 7th Guards Army and of Armee Gruppe Kempf (Panzer-Korps.III and Korps Raus).

I have now got an English copy of Zamulin's book on this sector {The Forgotten Battle of the Kursk Salient} and I will be updating my OBs accordingly. 

If anyone is interested I can post from time to time the BKC IV OBs I come up with (at a platoon per stand) and related notes.  In the end it would be nice to be able to represent any unit from either side on the table (obviously not at once ...).   

7th Guards Army was allocated a fair amount of armoured support, including a T-34 brigade, separate T-34 regiments, a Matilda/Valentine tank brigade, a KV regiment and a number of SU units, including SU-152, SU-122 and SU-76.  Similarly their artillery was enhanced - although the heavier stuff would not make it on a 6' x 4' table, the 85mm AA deployed for AT use would, and possibly some of the cannon.

Regards

Edward

T13A

Hi Edward

Well I for one would find that very useful!

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Kiwidave

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Bunny

Hi

Did these OBs get posted, I'm very interested

Solo General

Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to the OOB. Many Thanks.