Shooting Gaps Between Friendly Units

Started by T-Square, 26 June 2019, 04:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Square

How wide a gap is needed for a friendly unit to shoot between two units in front of it?  This would apply to a low profile unit shooting between any units or an average profile unit shooting between two average profile units.

AJ at the Bank

Hi Terry

I dont believe there is any restriction on the width of gap needed for either LoS or LoF with the rules as written.
There is the 2cm gap Movement restriction (p33)  - but think that's it.

As a house rule - we play the 2cm rule for firing gap too.

Hope this helps
Adam
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Dr Dave

We use the width of the firer. All of my stuff is on 3cm wide bases.

Big Insect

Generally the rules work on WUSIWUG
There is nothing specified in the rules but we play a base width usually but again I am sure somebody will come up with an exception  :) This group is very good at that  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

T-Square

I guess this is going to be a house rule for now.  We play with 15mm units with infantry base width of 5cm and depth of 3cm.  Vehicles are unbased.

For infantry units I'm thinking base width (5cm) makes sense as long as you can draw a line from the center front of the firing unit to any location on the target unit.  That would allow the majority of the firing infantry unit to hit the target unit.  This would apply to shooting between any two units, low profile or average profile.

In keeping with the WYSIWYG concept for vehicles and tanks I'm thinking the 3cm gap makes sense as long as you can trace a line from the vehicle's weapon base or center of turret to the target and the target is in the arc of fire.  (This should keep the guys in front from flinching and deciding to shoot you instead.  ;))