Dwarves & Dark Elves

Started by Jamsus, 23 June 2019, 09:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamsus

23 June 2019, 09:58:34 PM Last Edit: 23 June 2019, 10:50:56 PM by Leon
Hello everyone, here I am starting my first two warband armies.

Miniatures are terrific, really high quality & detail, really satisfied.

Paint is at game level (i hope miniatures will be touched & used a lot so...)

I'm trying some ideas on bases (inspired by other warband pictures found around)

Sorry for bad quality pics! (the color contrast between bases & diorama is lower in real than in photo)

General

Spell-Crafters

Ithoriel

Those look great.

I've taken the liberty of resizing them so they are easier to see, hope that's OK

Quote from: Jamsus on 23 June 2019, 09:58:34 PM

General

Spell-Crafters

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Noktu

Great job! Enjoying these.

sunjester

Excellent, they look really good.  =D>

mmcv

Techno

They look really good.

Cheers - Phil

Jamsus

Thanks for resizing them and for comments.

I've done the test on Dark Elves, the colors of base are more shady and less vibrant in real, but i hope to take some serious pictures when i'll have painted everything.

General & Sorcerors

Noktu

These look splendid!

However, I feel like the extensive use of bright colours in the basing is eating away the recognizability of the great miniatures you've painted.

Techno

I REALLY like those.  :-bd

I think Noktu is right about the bright colours on the bases, taking the eye away from the splendid paint job you've done on the figures.

Still.....I love them. :).....Great work.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Jamsus

Thanks everyone for your comment!

Regarding the bright colours I think it is only a problem of photography, everything is really a lot more darker ???

mmcv

Quote from: Jamsus on 25 June 2019, 07:07:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your comment!

Regarding the bright colours I think it is only a problem of photography, everything is really a lot more darker ???

It can be hard to get the lighting right, often ends up looking completely different in photos.

Excellent work though, very interesting basing!

Jamsus

Yeah, right. As an enthusiast photographer forced to shoot with a cellphone, this is a total suffering! I hope to do some more serious pictures when i'll have painted 'em all!  :'(

Techno

Hi, J.

There are some folk on the forum that really do get terrific results with their cellphones.
It appears that the different brands/makes of cellphones vary quite dramatically in the picture quality.

Your photo's are MORE than fine....So I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheers - Phil