Posting photos via facebook

Started by Leman, 24 July 2019, 10:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

24 July 2019, 10:03:13 PM Last Edit: 24 July 2019, 10:05:20 PM by Leman
Sometimes people ask how to post photos. Over the last 6 months I have started to use my smartphone and facebook to take and post photos for free. It is by far the easiest and quickest way I have found. When I first posted photos to the forum several years ago it took me about 40 minutes. I can now do it in about 40 seconds. So, how does it work?

1. Create a facebook page on your smartphone.

2. Save the your facebook web address to your computer favourites.

3. When you take a photo with your phone that you want to post first of all share it to your facebook page.

4. When you are on the forum posting about your game for example, open a new tab and load your facebook page onto it.

5. Select the photo you want and click on it to bring it up as a single enlarged photo on a black background.

6. Open the drop down menu on the photo and select copy image

7. Now reopen the forum page where your reply is waiting patiently. Ensure the cursor is a couple of clicks below what you have already written and click on the picture icon (the third one along in the row above the emojis). This will create a set of two lots of square brackets where you left your cursor.

8. Take the mouse cursor and place it over the junction between the two sets of square brackets. Open the dropdown menu and click on paste.

9. This will result in a long code of letters and numbers appearing between the two sets of square brackets HOWEVER the third bracket will have vanished and needs to be reinserted in front of the forward slash.

10. You can now click on  post  and your reply and photo will appear on the forum.

I use a Mac Notebook with an integrated mouse which uses the movement of finger/fingers over a touch sensitive panel so I am afraid I do not know how to get dropdown menus to appear using a regular mouse.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Smoking gun

Hi Leman,
Thank you for your guide.

I do have to add a cautionary note that on another forum I have noted missing photos and when you choose "open image in a new tab" it takes you a facebook error page "link has expired".

Has anyone else come across this?

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Leon

Quote from: Smoking gun on 30 July 2019, 07:56:02 PM
I do have to add a cautionary note that on another forum I have noted missing photos and when you choose "open image in a new tab" it takes you a facebook error page "link has expired".

Has anyone else come across this?

The Facebook links expire after a certain length of time, but I'm not sure what that timespan is.  We tried using Facebook to host all of our sculpt previews but they disappeared after 6 months or so, so we had to go back to a proper photo hosting site.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

As far as I'm concerned my photos are illustrating something transient. enjoy them while you can - nothing lasts forever, thank goodness.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!