1809 Confederation of the Rhine released!

Started by Leon, 20 July 2019, 11:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Drowning, Waving

Am sure that the Peninsula sculpts will be excellent!

John Cook

25 July 2019, 06:12:21 PM #16 Last Edit: 25 July 2019, 06:15:05 PM by John Cook
Quote from: Leon on 24 July 2019, 10:24:03 PM
I think if we use this Not-Kickstarter method again then the Peninsular would be the focus.  There's a huge number of sculpts needed so we'd want to get an idea of their viability before we went ahead with it.

Hi Leon, If you made a Peninsular range as part of your 1809 suite, and confined it to that year, I reckon you'd need no more than 13 new types sculpted.  No more of a challenge than the 1809 German allies.  I'd certainly be happy to commit £500 as a start. 

Here is my list and what is already available.  Is it worth starting a separate thread to test the water?  I'd certainly be happy to commit £500 as a start.

French

1809 range – No new figures or modifications necessary.

French German Allies

Nassau Infantry – 1815 Range
Grand Duchy of Warsaw Infantry – 1809 Range
Vistula Legion Lancer – 1809 Range Duchy of Warsaw Uhlans
Baden Infantry – New Figure.  A generic 'Rhinebund' figure in shako and short jacket but the Dutch Line Infantry from the 1815 range are almost there I think.  
Kingdom of Holland Infantry – As above.
Hesse Darmstadt Infantry – As above.
Frankfurt Infantry– As above.
Vistula Legion Infantry – As above.

British

British Infantry in Stovepipe shako – 1815 range.
Rifles – 1815 range.
Highlanders – 1815 range.
Hussars – 1815 range.  Note - No standard needed Hussars never carried them.
Royal Horse Artillery – 1815 range.
Foot Artillery in Stovepipe shako – New figure
Light Dragoon in Tarleton helmet – New figure
Dragoons in Bicornes – New figure

Spanish

Line Infantry – New figure but the Hesse Darmstadt and Saxon infantry from the 1809 range are almost there.
Line Infantry Grenadier – New figure
Light Infantry – New figure
Line Cavalry/Dragoons  – New figure
Hussars – New figure
Cazadores – New figure
Garrochistas – New figure
Horse Artillery – New figure
Artillery – New figure.  Usually ox drawn

mollinary

Would AWB45, AWI light dragoons in tarleton, not  serve for some of these? Excellent piccie in the catalogue.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

John Cook

Not Drowning, Waving

Even though I have no interest in the Peninsula Campaign, I would make a lot of use of the:

Baden Infantry – New Figure.  A generic 'Rhinebund' figure in shako and short jacket but the Dutch Line Infantry from the 1815 range are almost there I think.

Here is hoping that this project gets off the ground.

Leon

Quote from: John Cook on 25 July 2019, 06:12:21 PM
Hi Leon, If you made a Peninsular range as part of your 1809 suite, and confined it to that year, I reckon you'd need no more than 13 new types sculpted.  No more of a challenge than the 1809 German allies.  I'd certainly be happy to commit £500 as a start. 

Here is my list and what is already available.  Is it worth starting a separate thread to test the water?  I'd certainly be happy to commit £500 as a start.

It's definitely something for us to look at closer but it wouldn't be until the end of the year at the earliest.  We're working hard at the moment to get the sculpting drawers emptied and everything released, so I'd want to do that before we commit to any other projects.  Once we're ready, we can have a chat about a comprehensive range for the Brits, Spanish and potentially Portuguese, to get it all ticked off and done properly.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

OK Leon, Your call.  Remember that some of your customers are not in the first flush.  As I entered my 73rd year in April, I am even more aware of my own mortality!  So, sooner rather than later would be good :)