Matilda command stand

Started by Sandinista, 23 June 2019, 07:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandinista

Some British desert command bases I finished today. I really like the tank crew pack, top marks to the sculptor for that one.

Cheers
Ian

fred.

I like these. I'm not sure I've seen the tank crew painted up before (I do have a pack in my lead pile)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Really nice work and a great idea for using the tank crew 8).

Ithoriel

Super stuff! I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite from such a selection but the Matilda is indeed spectacular.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Sunray

Quote from: Ithoriel on 23 June 2019, 10:11:29 AM
Super stuff! I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite from such a selection but the Matilda is indeed spectacular.

Indeed.  I love these little vignettes depicting figures/AFVs.  A few decades ago a gamer would not have considered doing them in anything smaller that 15mm. Indeed 25mm was the "industrial standard" for such a vignette, as used to adorn the front covers of Military Modelling and the wargame mags.

It says a lot for the Pendraken sculpts - and I would recommend the Korean Brit command figures as a lot were designed by Phil to proxy with WW2.

I had a mate (now passed away) who produced some little masterpieces in these command type stands.   And had a deep psychological attachment to them.  When one was deliberately taken out he was visibly affected by it. You could sense his pain.   In this mode wargaming reflected real life/death as we all know the psychological  loss of a popular commander. 

lowlylowlycook

Shedman

sunjester

Techno

Excellent, Ian !

Cheers - Phil