Glasgow is the new Nottingham?

Started by Dave Fielder, 21 June 2019, 03:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fielder

What with the Great Game: Waterloo at the University on 15th and 16th June and now the Glasgow Games Gathering on 26th June is their a new northern super wargaming-power developing away from the South Southern underbelly?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

jimduncanuk

No, not all.

The main wargaming organisers for the Great Game were from Edinburgh and the players were from all over the planet.

Scotland also hold two of the best northern UK shows in Falkirk and Edinburgh, and have done so for many years. There are also a number of small but perfectly formed shows outside of Glasgow.

Jim

My Ego forbids a signature.

Leman

Alternative Armies are also up there giving GW a run for their money in the fantasy arena.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 21 June 2019, 04:14:38 PM
Alternative Armies are also up there giving GW a run for their money in the fantasy arena.

Way too good a run for their money ... I have waaaay too  many Ion Age and Sengoku figures from them and their Bradley Miniatures 6mm Not-Epic-Nosirree-Honest range is a constant temptation!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Dr Dave

I thought that the big sponsors offering support and figure discounts for the game were Perry and Warlord, both from Nottingham.  :D

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Dr Dave on 21 June 2019, 06:00:51 PM
I thought that the big sponsors offering support and figure discounts for the game were Perry and Warlord, both from Nottingham.  :D

The biggest sponsor surely was Glasgow University who made available, free of charge, the Kelvin Gallery which normally rents at over £3000 per day for the 4 day show.

All the other sponsors did very well in their own rights.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Dr Dave

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 21 June 2019, 08:17:09 PM
The biggest sponsor surely was Glasgow University who made available, free of charge, the Kelvin Gallery which normally rents at over £3000 per day for the 4 day show.

All the other sponsors did very well in their own rights.

Good point.