Creating an Amazon Army

Started by Terry37, 20 June 2019, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

I am looking at a uniquely different 15 MM HOTT army – an Amazon army. Now I know the first thought that comes to your mind is – "there's nothing new about that!!! But it is not the typical Amazon army we all normally think of with scantily dressed babes with bows and swords, but a more modern approach.

OK, if you're read this far then you might find this interesting. The Amazon army I want to do is based on book, movie and TV femme fatales, and especially those who are less politically correct and probably even a little/a lot dysfunctional. Here is my first blush approach. My idea is to have one figure per base/element, and categorized by their persona, characteristic or strength as depicted in the media.

2 x Blade – Michonne from Walking Dead, The Bride from Kill Bill
3 x Shooter – Katniss Everdeen from Hunger Games, Carol from The Walking Dead, Ellen from Quick and the Dead
1 x Warband – Jessica Jones from Jessica Jones
1 x Magician – Lucy from Lucy
1 x Rider – Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
1 x Hero – Wonder Woman from Wonder Woman
1 x Flyer – Supergirl from Supergirl
1 x ??? – Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road

Stronghold - ?????

These are the ladies that come to mind and would be fun to create and paint. So, I am looking for possible figures and welcome any suggestions. I am also needing a 15 MM motorcycle, but not a big hog like a Harley Davidson. But the type that Lisbeth rides.

I am also struggling with exactly how to play Furiosa, so would appreciate thoughts there, as well as thoughts on those I have listed – i.re. do I have them as the right type of element?

Thanks and any help or comments is appreciated.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Orcs

Hi Terry

I have done some extensive (and expensive) research on the Amazon army, so A few points with the Amazon painting guide. 

Brunettes tend to have brownish nipples
Red heads and Blondes have Pink nipples (unless they are aeroplane Blondes then see Brunettes)
Those with dark skin have dark brown nipples

Body hair colour  will normally match hair on the head, but often be a shade or two darker. (unless they are aeroplane Blondes then see Brunettes)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Terry37

Thanks Orcs, But not quite the look I was going for! But obviously some valuable research you've done there!!! I know it was a tough challenge, but somebody had to do it!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Black Widow, Warband?

Khurisain, Rebel Minis, irregular minis all have fun stuff.
Peter Pig 'dressibles' are useful too.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Was hoping for Amazonian natives with blow pipes to wipe out a few Jesuits.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

steve_holmes_11

Glorfindel

>>Was hoping for Amazonian natives with blow pipes to wipe out a few Jesuits.

Absolutely !   The more the merrier....

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

21 June 2019, 12:46:49 PM #8 Last Edit: 21 June 2019, 12:49:50 PM by Big Insect
Quote from: Big Insect on 21 June 2019, 12:45:20 PM
What about wimp Riot?  :D
As Warband?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pussy_Riot

I cannot seem to post the baby cat P word ... I might have to create a whole post on a HoTT P.U.S.S.Y list!  =O
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

flamingpig0

Wouldn't Jessica Jones be more of a lurker?
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Leman

I quite like crafty Olivia despite the Essex accent.

Smoking gun

I think the motorcycle will be challenge it looks more lke a cafe racer, with a smal singlel seat and no mudguards, than anything else.

Good luck.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Terry37

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I like Jessica as a Lurker, and may go that way for her.

Wimp Riot would sure be fun, but to do it proper I would have ot do he whole group. I can create the figures with some conversions, but how would they best be played, i.e. what troop type?

Sorry, but not sure who Olivia is. Can you advise or give me a link?

Terry

Leman

David and Olivia: Naked in Scotland - currently on Amazon Prime.

fsn

What about Xena from ... Xena?

Blade with a whirly cutty thing.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!