Marton hotel

Started by Jim Ando, 20 June 2019, 10:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Ando

Hi
Sad to see the venue for the 20th birthday bash completely destroyed in a fire . Good memories of that day.

Jim

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

20 June 2019, 04:47:52 PM #2 Last Edit: 21 June 2019, 01:19:16 PM by Leon
I forgot to post something about this, the whole thing went up last Thursday and there's nothing left of it now.  The rumour is an insurance job as the demolition was expensive (due to asbestos in certain parts of it), so this makes it all a lot easier/cheaper.  We're hoping they don't decide to put more housing on it, as the single road that leads from town to here is already way beyond capacity.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

The asbestos thing may prevent, or at least delay housing.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 20 June 2019, 04:47:52 PM
We're hoping they don't decide to put more housing on it, as the single road that leads from town to here is already way beyond capacity.

Would you like a small wager, Leon ?

Cheers - Phil

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 21 June 2019, 11:30:04 AM
Would you like a small wager, Leon ?

No thanks! 

Without boring everyone, the 'Marton Crawl' has been a problem for nearly 20 years now.  They tried to put a bypass in but a small number of folks complained that it would reduce their property values so it got delayed and delayed.  Since then they've built on sections of the proposed bypass route (housing and a hospital extension) so there's little chance of being able to put anything in place now.  They've also added more housing all along Marton Road, which has exacerbated the problem massively.

If you ever need to go to the hospital around rush hour, it can take you up to an hour just to get out of the car park after your appointment.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Oh, dear. X_X

Hope things turn out for the best.

Does sound like the capacity 'has been reached'....Unfortunately that doesn't seem to matter much, nowadays.

An hour to get out of a hospital car park ?......Bloomin' heck.

Cheers - Phil

Jim Ando

Hi

I can vouch for the marton crawl I regularly come that way from helmsley via stokesley and it is a nightmare even on a Sunday.

Jim.