Infantry Anti-Tank Weapons (IATW)

Started by AJ at the Bank, 15 June 2019, 09:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ at the Bank

This may have been covered previously (apologies) - but ....

Why do IATW only fire once per game turn as a command action please?

I think this might be the only on-table unit restricted in this way - so trying to figure out the issue (noting there are limits on numbers available in the army lists).

Thanks for the help

Adam
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Dr Dave

It might be to reflect their perhaps limited numbers. Certainly PIATs would normally only be 1 per platoon. Similar with PzShrek, but perhaps less so with Pzfaust. That said, faust can be (too) devastating if allowed to fire on each successful order?

AJ at the Bank

Thanks for your help today at the Bootcamp Mark - very useful..

Good to understand that this one is just about game balance......to deter players from upgrading infantry with too much AT capability (e.g. cheap US M1A1 bazookas) and overly unbalancing the game.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Big Insect

A pleasure AJ - glad you came along and participated so fully.

I lost in the end ... a more detailed report will follow, but the tanks did finally wrap up my right flank, but not before my heroic FAO did a last ditch close range spot for the artillery.

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.