On-table Artillery Support Units - Rear Line Special Ability

Started by AJ at the Bank, 15 June 2019, 08:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ at the Bank

Thanks for your help at the Bootcamp today Mark - very useful.

Believe you clarified the following rule from p47 regarding On-table Artillery Support Units - can you confirm correct please?....

The rule on p 47 that .."Unless specified otherwise On-table artillery support units are classified as Rear Line in the Special Abilites section ..." ...

Does not apply to on-tabe AA units (ART:AA) or A/T guns (ART:AT) ...but only apply to guns (ART:IG).

Correct please?
Thanks
Adam

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

AJ at the Bank

Hi Mark

Could you please confirm I recalled this correctly please?

Many thanks
Adam
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Dr Dave

I'm sorry, but the doubt and the double negatives are messing with my head  :'(

A) Art:AA and Art:AT is NOT rear line - Correct - Yes/No?

B) Art:IG is rear line - Correct - Yes/No?

C) if B is "Yes" does this include the 75mm IG in Infantry regt gun companies?

Big Insect

All Rear Line designed units are under review - until the Errata is out Dave

But for now - think of towed artillery pieces (guns not AT - other than certain specifically large pieces like German 88's) as being Rear Line. Infantry Guns are also not included.

I am not answering any more questions on this topic for now!

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.