Started by Keith57, 15 June 2019, 09:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith57

COTSWOLD WARGAMING DAY
Sunday 1st September 2019
Westwoods Community Centre
Bassett Road
Northleach GL54 3QJ

I hesitate to call this a 'show' - it is rather a gathering of local wargamers in the Coitswolds area, with some friends coming from farther afield. The Day is in its second year.

The event is about wargamers coming together in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere to do a bit of gaming, have a chat, and swap stories and opinions. There are no traders, but there will be 'Wargaming Exchange' area to swap/sell/buy/give away wargaming stuff in an informal way. This year, 8 games are planned. I request a voluntary £5 contribution to cover costs. Free tea, coffe and biscuits.

Check out last years event at the link below. This year is planned to be a bit bigger (second link).

http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.com/2018/09/classic-collections-do-battle-at.html

https://keefsblog.blogspot.com/2019/02/cotswold-wargaming-day.html

If you are reading this, you're invited. Let me know via the blog, or just pitch up. Hope to see you there.

Keith Flint.

paulr

Last year looked a great day out and I wish you the best of luck with this year

A bit far to travel from the antipodes unfortunately ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shutuphippie

The Stafford and District team ar planning on attending  :D
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Big Insect

Sadly I am on holiday or I would be there ... especially as there is a rumor that there might be an BKCIV game with an armoured train making an appearance.
I'd love to see some photos and read a account of the game - pretty please  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Leman

Have a great day Keith. Unfortunately the cost and time of travelling by public transport rules not out for me.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dave Fielder

I think I replied by email ... it's in the diary. Bloody Big Battles may have to happen.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Steve J

Dave and I had a dry run of the Battle of Kurudere scenario we are putting on Sunday at the show. Some pics below and hopefully may see some of your there:

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dave Fielder

Bring your old school hat and new school fun head. Sarcasm, wit and banter is compulsory. Beards must be combed through in advance.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Steve J

A great overview of the day can be found on Keith's Blog:

http://keefsblog.blogspot.com/2019/09/cotswold-wargaming-day-2019-post-match.html

I'll do a review soonish, all being well, but it was a great day out, with fun had by one and all.

Westmarcher

Looks like it was great fun, indeed.  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

mmcv

The pointing was very much on point.

Looks like a good day!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shedman

Thanks for a good day - we certainly enjoyed ourselves